1 Gcse Watch

This discussion is closed.
ali p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had a similar situtation- you cannot reject GCSE's, but for some reason you can for other qualifications such as AS, A level, GNVQ or VCE, but not a gcse!
I think possibly that this is because GCSE's are compulsory whereas taking a-levels is optional, so you can choose whether to decline your grade as you didn't even have to take the exam or even learn any of the syllabus!
And like others said, my advice (if the C really bothers you) is to retake it at higher tier another year (and somewhere else if your school won't let you, although you'll have to pay £20 or something) and then you can wipe that C off your records with a better grade! Good luck
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alexsmithson)
I would have no interest in spending two years on a Welsh course. Is there anyway that I can tell them I dont want to take it? (I know I keep asking this, but does anybody know :confused: ) I have given in no coursework yet. How could I find out?
You could try speaking to your form tutor or head of year about it, and if you get your parents to phone them, write them a letter or go into school asking them to remove you from the course, that would probably carry more weight than just you asking. The only problem is that you'd have to be supervised somewhere when you'd normally be in Welsh.
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
"never be afraid to ask questions"

- My maths teacher.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1019)
79.18%
Leave (268)
20.82%

Watched Threads