Turn on thread page Beta

New Year sales in NY - when do they start? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A quick question I'm hoping someone will have an answer to:

I'm going to be living in Canada next year (leaving in three and a half weeks!) and I want to stay in New York for a couple of days to do some serious shopping in the sales around new year. But I'm not sure when to go over - do they start right after Christmas (26th/27th onwards) or on new years' day (1st Jan onwards)? Need to know in advance so I can book a reasonably cheap hotel.

Cheers me dears.

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea
    but good luck with your move to canada

ReputationRep:
    I was in NYC last xmas - we went out on the 12th December and the sales were already in swing! Macy's had up to 50%+ off many lines and if you are a foreign you get a further 10% off!! Awesome shopping there.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Canada and would have to say the best time is just before Christmas. It is absolutely wonderful, the shops are decorated so nicely, twinkling lights everywhere, this sounds overused, but NY at Christmas time is magical! However, it really depends what you're looking for. If you're there for the experience and some really great shopping - before Christmas. If you want deals and sales - after. Boxing day (December 26th) is a blowout and considered the number 1 day for savings in North America.

ReputationRep:
    When I went to Florida at Christmas, someone told us that all the malls have massive sales on Boxing Day

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl!

Im goin NYC in the first week of septembr for 6 days, shoppin ov course! Do ne of u lot knw if there r ne sales...not that it will make much difference, although i will b able to buy more :-)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.