Black people regarded as subordinate and secondary to whites Watch

This discussion is closed.
HistoryStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alopecia)
in you case didn't know ( just thought I might as well throw in a geography lesson here to help with the ignorance problem)

but at least you have been educated somehow. Now be grateful :rolleyes:
You are right to say that black civilisation has contributed to mankind, but I don't think there's any need to adopt such a patronising tone as that.
cottonmouth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
one HUUUUUUGE thing people seem to be missing here. Looks like the argument is based on achievements (past ones at that- why aren't people individualists?), how far people have got, who invented what, who contributed what, etc.the minds of the capitalists, who measure ordination in terms of gain. Dare i suggest that maybe, just maybe, whether someone is subordiante to another perso should rest on more than what is being argued in this thread.Even if black people had contributed zilch to the world ( apart from the rich history, including the whole of the egyptian civilisation, and the fact that the west got rich by using black people to do their biddings, and the cultures that have been developed by black history, etc) this to me would not, and shout not to anyone, put them below others. the measure of a person should be based on their willingness to be selfless, to help others, to lead good, happy lives without harming others. a person is subordinate when they have bad feelings about others, who they have judged, or when they murder another, harm another, lie, steal, cheat, and in general are bad people, who hate themselves, and so shove thei bitterness onto others. People who are narrow minded, so silly that they beleieve they are above others simply becaus etheir ancesotrs did a load of stuff.

stop arguing about who's better than the other based on who did what in the past, as it's pathetic, narrow- minded, and shows some of you people cannot see bigger pictures.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
My arguement is and always has been that there is not a shred of evidence to show that the achievements of white people in history have been because they are white.
All things equal in evironmental ackground blakc people tend to have near same IQ, and abilities. Seems to me the 'achievements' of white people are rather like the money making ability of the rich. Do the aristocracy have more astute businessminds than the rest of us? No. ITs just that money makes it easier tomake more money.

Similarly it was europeans who (mainly due to fierce competition with each other and lots of accessible resources - plus fantastic temperate environment) got ahead technologically wise. Once you're ahead, it makes it allthe easier to get further ahead.
I mean, most of the real advances only came after agricultural revolution when it became possible to dedicate yourself tocertain areas of knowledge/science and not need worry about subsistence farming...
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
Our environment is what allowed us toget way ahead in terms of advancement, and its our environmental factors that led to our skin colour becoming paler...
Lord Waddell
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cottonmouth)
including the whole of the egyptian civilisation,
Complete rubbish. The Egyptians were a light brown, 'tanned' people. They were by no stretch of the imagination black. True, blacks may have been brought in as slaves from further south or as mercenaries in the army, and therefore may have intermarried with the native Egyptian stock, but the ancient Egyptians were not black. Same goes for Jesus. He was a Jew, a Semitic, and they had the same colour as the Egyptians that I have just mentioned and Israelis today.
cottonmouth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lord Waddell)
Complete rubbish. The Egyptians were a light brown, 'tanned' people. They were by no stretch of the imagination black. True, blacks may have been brought in as slaves from further south or as mercenaries in the army, and therefore may have intermarried with the native Egyptian stock, but the ancient Egyptians were not black. Same goes for Jesus. He was a Jew, a Semitic, and they had the same colour as the Egyptians that I have just mentioned and Israelis today.
Don't remember saying jesus was black.the egyptians were though, silly.go and read a few history books.look at egypts positioning on the earth, and then come back and eat your words.When we say black, are we referring to skin colour, or afro-caribbeans? they weren't asian, so what were they?and before you answer, check the facts! all you have to do is look at their facial features to see they were.and they have drawings and skulls.don't try to argue with that, silly child. ancient egyptians most certainly were of the colour black- whether lighter than afro- carribeans or darker than mixed- race people.

thanks for picking one tiny part of my message.so come back when you can face the whole thing, my lord.
JonD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't remember saying jesus was black.the egyptians were though, silly.go and read a few history books.look at egypts positioning on the earth, and then come back and eat your words.When we say black, are we referring to skin colour, or afro-caribbeans? they weren't asian, so what were they?and before you answer, check the facts! all you have to do is look at their facial features to see they were.and they have drawings and skulls.don't try to argue with that, silly child. ancient egyptians most certainly were of the colour black- whether lighter than afro- carribeans or darker than mixed- race people.
The descendents of the ancient egyptians can still be found, though they've become a shrinking minority since the Arabs subjugated them. They're called Copts, and look more like Greeks than blacks.
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonD)
The descendents of the ancient egyptians can still be found, though they've become a shrinking minority since the Arabs subjugated them. They're called Copts, and look more like Greeks than blacks.
Actually they look morelike modern Middle Easterners than anything else. But yes, they were darker than Europeans.
Dustball
Report 13 years ago
This may seem like a redundant point these days, but that facts of life as demonstrated by Darwin's research proves beyond doubt that it is only natural for a species to seek to acquire more land and resources for its descendants at the expense of other species. There is no higher law that says eg that old Jehovah won't give their ghosts lollipops if they do this. The caucasians of bygone eras were merely following instinct. The present day caucasians are acting in the opposite way by giving up land and capitulating.
cottonmouth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonD)
and their positioning on the earth now is where exactly? remember that we are the colour we are because of the amount of melanin needed in our skin to survive the temperatures.Anyone descending from the african continent will have black ancestors, because to descend from africa, which has always been one of the hottest continents, particularly egypt, which has so much desert landscape means that huge amounts of melanin was needed in the skin. So they were black.and when i say black, i mean, black, brown, african, not white, how many other ways are there of saying it.

but if you will continue to argue that black people have contributed nothing to the world, i will continue to say that africa, and it's indiginous people have contributed much to the worls, whcih cannot be denied, no matter what your definition of the colour "black".
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
but if you will continue to argue that black people have contributed nothing to the world, i will continue to say that africa, and it's indiginous people have contributed much to the worls, whcih cannot be denied, no matter what your definition of the colour "black".
How about some examples?
cottonmouth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
How about some examples?
go to the library, get out some books about ancinet egypt, and how it's ideas and cultures have found their way into modern society, or advanced, etc.There will be many examples, many of which i do not know as i have never bothered to look..how can you argue that one of the oldest civilisations hasnt done anything for the world?if nothing else, they have made history lessons interesting, and given thousands of jobs to egyptologists, and made an enormous contribution to the tourist industry in africa. but i dunno, can anyone think of, or does anyone know of, any inventions by egyptians that have been passed on, modified, etc?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
go to the library, get out some books about ancinet egypt, and how it's ideas and cultures have found their way into modern society, or advanced, etc.There will be many examples, many of which i do not know as i have never bothered to look..how can you argue that one of the oldest civilisations hasnt done anything for the world?if nothing else, they have made history lessons interesting, and given thousands of jobs to egyptologists, and made an enormous contribution to the tourist industry in africa. but i dunno, can anyone think of, or does anyone know of, any inventions by egyptians that have been passed on, modified, etc?
Oh. So the last major contributions (pyramid building?) made by the Africans was 4000 odd years ago? Anything more recent?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Stalin makes history lessons interesting.
Mata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh. So the last major contributions (pyramid building?) made by the Africans was 4000 odd years ago? Anything more recent?
Just to butt in.

You have to take into consideration that at that time, Egypt was one of the more developed countries in the world, thus it could put in place religion, scholarship etc. Now, no African countries are in the *position* where their inhabitants can make dramatic contributions to the world community. There aren't the facilities or the finances.

However, when put in the position where they are able to make contributions, black people have done so. For example, African-Americans have invented: blood banks, plasma storage, gas masks and the pacemaker to name a few. Oh, and on a more personal note: whatever black people may or may not have done in the past, black people today don't deserve to be seen as subordinate or 'lesser' because I assure you: we are not.

It should also be taken into consideration that while 'white' people may have developed the following things things, Africans were the first to farm, create essential tools for survival, design and erect a city, discover mathematics and create any form of art.

So, while black people in Africa may have lower economic status (and are therefore unable to 'contribute' as you say), in the past they have contributed, and they do still contribute in the Western world.
JonD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
and their positioning on the earth now is where exactly? remember that we are the colour we are because of the amount of melanin needed in our skin to survive the temperatures.Anyone descending from the african continent will have black ancestors, because to descend from africa, which has always been one of the hottest continents, particularly egypt, which has so much desert landscape means that huge amounts of melanin was needed in the skin. So they were black.and when i say black, i mean, black, brown, african, not white, how many other ways are there of saying it.
When your logic is put under scrutiny, it looks like tripe:
- If Copts are black because they are non-white, that also means Arabs and Chinese are black.
- The common belief (as I understand) of human origin is that we all came from Africa. If anyone with African ancestors is black, whites must be black, along with everyone else on the planet.

I never argued such a thing, I was merely pointing out your obvious mistake. You aren't making a very good case for sub-Saharan achievements, though.
cottonmouth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonD)
When your logic is put under scrutiny, it looks like tripe:
- If Copts are black because they are non-white, that also means Arabs and Chinese are black.
- The common belief (as I understand) of human origin is that we all came from Africa. If anyone with African ancestors is black, whites must be black, along with everyone else on the planet.

I never argued such a thing, I was merely pointing out your obvious mistake. You aren't making a very good case for sub-Saharan achievements, though.
black because you come from africa, in a particular place where because of the extreme hot weather, there is an excess of melanin in the skin. failure to see this makes you look stupid.
cottonmouth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
have you noting better to do?are you actually a student?aren't you in your thirties?i remember you telling one guy that he was still in his fathers ball- bag when you were aroung.go and grow up, all of this arguing with a generation below you is a sad, sad, sad thing.
and to answer your question, a black guy invented blood banks.im sure if we all looked,w ed find many other things inveted by black people.but looking up inventor's isn't a pasttime of mine.and neither will be posting twatty comments on a forum for students.oooh, unles you are one of those mature students.haha, mature.
JonD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
black because you come from africa, in a particular place where because of the extreme hot weather, there is an excess of melanin in the skin. failure to see this makes you look stupid.
I've already pointed out that COPTS ARE ABOUT AS BLACK AS GREEKS. I give up.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LucidExtra)
Its horrendous. The expectation in general for black individuals is that they end up in unksilled, vague vocations which need little or no formal qualifications. Whites are generally presumptious and extremley stereotypical toward black people in particular owing to the manner in which black culture has been depicted by the mass media through music primarily. The beauty and strength of black history and legacy if often underestimated. The western world owes its wealth to Africa, which was once rich in resources, harmonious and free of poverty. I think caucasian individuals should help abolish poverty because their predecessors created it, not only because it is the humane and compassionate thing to do.
arent you yourself being a litte stereotypical?

if blacks choose to have lowly jobs, its their choice. no white man in this day and age has TOLD a black man what he can and cant do with regards to education and employment etc, its up to the individual, if he chooses to be the way he is its his problem, not ours
well yes it is our problem because effectively they turn our economy into a mess when they choose to scrounge off our state and steal our stuff.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise