Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats the reputation of this college in particular??? What you guys think of it? I cant wait 2 go........!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocksteady99)
    Whats the reputation of this college in particular??? What you guys think of it? I cant wait 2 go........!
    Worcester is awesome. Pretty strong academically / on the sports field / arts, nice accommodation, nice college, decent location, lively outgoing bunch. People say it's got heavier public schoolboy numbers but I haven't noticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Worcester is awesome. Pretty strong academically / on the sports field / arts, nice accommodation, nice college, decent location, lively outgoing bunch. People say it's got heavier public schoolboy numbers but I haven't noticed.
    Oright jools! the black man is back! resepct!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the JCR president was quite funny, he gave a speech every night we were there on interviews. Did he do that when you were there?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you stay in your interviews? What was it like?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, the law student? he was hilarous! i only stayed a night, in somehwere called the "goldfish bowl." it was good tho, nice heater in the room. u?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, the law student? he was hilarous! i only stayed a night, in somehwere called the "goldfish bowl." it was good tho, nice heater in the room. u?
    I was in the goldfish bowl too, staircase 18. It was good. Do you know when I went for my interviews, I went on the Saturday (a day early) so I was the only applicant there, so I went to the JCR and te president and the organ scolar guy were both sitting there. Some other guy walks in with a video in his hand shouting, " I got it! I got it!" So here I am thinking these guys have found some really cool film and when they played it........Charlie and the chocolate factory!!! They seemed to be enjoying it and after aboout 20 minutes I got up and left. They were really great guys though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    worcester holds many "attractions" for jools

ReputationRep:
    woohoo, I'll be joining you I didn't get a chance to meet anyone as they arranged the medics' tea party during one of my interviews! I was at Worcester House - freezing cold - if I make my offer I will definitely be investing in a heated blanket or thermal underwear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    woohoo, I'll be joining you I didn't get a chance to meet anyone as they arranged the medics' tea party during one of my interviews! I was at Worcester House - freezing cold - if I make my offer I will definitely be investing in a heated blanket or thermal underwear
    Aww..unlucky, though the freezing cold doesn't appear to have done much harm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Aww..unlucky, though the freezing cold doesn't appear to have done much harm!
    hehe I think I was one of the only applicants to be stupid enough to wear a skirt... legs = popsicles!

What was the accomodation like in the goldfish bowl thingy? Can everyone really see into everyone else's room there :eek: ? The accomodation at Worcester House was huge (hence even more cold), about quadruple the size of my normal bedroom! The shared bath was minging though but maybe it was because I was sharing with boys

Also, what was the food like? This sounds really bad, but I didn't have a single meal at Worcester, mainly because I arrived too late/had interviews/wanted to eat a posh meal at Wadham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    hehe I think I was one of the only applicants to be stupid enough to wear a skirt... legs = popsicles!

What was the accomodation like in the goldfish bowl thingy? Can everyone really see into everyone else's room there :eek: ? The accomodation at Worcester House was huge (hence even more cold), about quadruple the size of my normal bedroom! The shared bath was minging though but maybe it was because I was sharing with boys

Also, what was the food like? This sounds really bad, but I didn't have a single meal at Worcester, mainly because I arrived too late/had interviews/wanted to eat a posh meal at Wadham
    Lol! Goldfish bowl ccomodation was quite nice. Good size room, and yes, the windows were huge and whenever anyone would walk past my room ( I was on the ground floor) they could see everything I was doing/ had in my room, but I suppose the plus side is they allowed a lot of light in! My room wasn't too cold as I had an electric heater in there. Lol I had to share a bathroom as well.
    The food was quite good, breakfast was probably best. I'm vegetarian so mine wasn't too special but everyone else said they thought that the food was OK. Did you know that at Worcester you only have to pay £1.60 for formal hall? I heard it was so cheap because Lord Sainsbury went there or something and he subsidises all the meals.
    Did you have some friends applying to Wadham? What was it like? I've seen it from the outside (if it's the one on parks road) but not been in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a veggie too , so at least I know the food is alright, I remember reading somewhere that the food at Worcester is pretty good compared to some of the other colleges Wow that's really good for the formal hall plus I'm sure it feels really fun to eat there

I had one friend applying at Wadham (PPP) so I was pretty much hanging around with the experimental psychologists (I was even part of a psychology experiment ) . The students there were really nice (and funny - they stuck condoms on the xmas tree lol), they organised quaser for the applicants and the overall atmosphere was really friendly. A very pretty college too!

Worcester was pretty good with trying to entertain applicants too though - I think they pretty much organised tea parties for applicants for each subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I'm a veggie too , so at least I know the food is alright, I remember reading somewhere that the food at Worcester is pretty good compared to some of the other colleges Wow that's really good for the formal hall plus I'm sure it feels really fun to eat there

I had one friend applying at Wadham (PPP) so I was pretty much hanging around with the experimental psychologists (I was even part of a psychology experiment ) . The students there were really nice (and funny - they stuck condoms on the xmas tree lol), they organised quaser for the applicants and the overall atmosphere was really friendly. A very pretty college too!

Worcester was pretty good with trying to entertain applicants too though - I think they pretty much organised tea parties for applicants for each subject?
    Yeah, though I hope the good food wasn't just for the interview period though!
    Lol, the Wadham students soound funny, it is supposed to be the most friendly college or something like that.
    Yeah Worcester had tea parties for every subject I think, though it was down to the undergraduates for what they would do. The geography tea party started at the start of my 2nd interview opposite my room so when I came out of my interview I went into the party. I could hear them all talking really loudly...then I walked in....everything went silent :eek: ...I felt quite embarassed but then we all started talking again. The geography students were great. One took us on a tour of the geog. dept. even though they are moving to a new building next year, though it was still interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Yeah, though I hope the good food wasn't just for the interview period though!
    Lol, the Wadham students soound funny, it is supposed to be the most friendly college or something like that.
    Yeah Worcester had tea parties for every subject I think, though it was down to the undergraduates for what they would do. The geography tea party started at the start of my 2nd interview opposite my room so when I came out of my interview I went into the party. I could hear them all talking really loudly...then I walked in....everything went silent :eek: ...I felt quite embarassed but then we all started talking again. The geography students were great. One took us on a tour of the geog. dept. even though they are moving to a new building next year, though it was still interesting.
    The medics were really great too - so friendly! I also talked to a chemist because he kept getting dumped with me to take me to my interviews He really calmed me down before my interviews which was really nice

How long were you there then (and how many interviews did you have)? My friend had to stay for 4 days :eek: ! There was a whole new application process for medics this year so we only had to stay for two days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    The medics were really great too - so friendly! I also talked to a chemist because he kept getting dumped with me to take me to my interviews He really calmed me down before my interviews which was really nice

How long were you there then (and how many interviews did you have)? My friend had to stay for 4 days :eek: ! There was a whole new application process for medics this year so we only had to stay for two days!
    Thats nice to hear, the geographers helped me calm down too. I was first there and quite nervous so I was able to chat with them for a while.
    I was also there for four days ! I had an interview on Sunday evening andd then one on Monday morning. After that I had to check the notice board every few hours for two days which was quite annoying but I played a lot of table tennis and pool to pass the time .
    So you got interviewed at somerville as well, you really did see a lot in just two days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Thats nice to hear, the geographers helped me calm down too. I was first there and quite nervous so I was able to chat with them for a while.
    I was also there for four days ! I had an interview on Sunday evening andd then one on Monday morning. After that I had to check the notice board every few hours for two days which was quite annoying but I played a lot of table tennis and pool to pass the time .
    So you got interviewed at somerville as well, you really did see a lot in just two days!
    Table tennis and pool, woohoo ! Where was that? Yeah all medics were interviewed at 2 colleges - Somerville set us a 'surprise' test yuck :eek:

The whole 4 days thing seemed to be a bit of a waste for most applicants - some EP applicants I met didn't have any interviews for two days like you!

Anyway, I better go now - I'm going to hit the Sales in an attempt to get rid of all this nervous energy I've been building up over these past couple of months Speak to you later or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Table tennis and pool, woohoo ! Where was that? Yeah all medics were interviewed at 2 colleges - Somerville set us a 'surprise' test yuck :eek:

The whole 4 days thing seemed to be a bit of a waste for most applicants - some EP applicants I met didn't have any interviews for two days like you!

Anyway, I better go now - I'm going to hit the Sales in an attempt to get rid of all this nervous energy I've been building up over these past couple of months Speak to you later or something
    Pool was next to the bar, table tennis in another building. Surprise test! Nasty Somerville so and so :mad: lol. Ok, see you later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    I was in the goldfish bowl too, staircase 18. It was good.
    I was in The Goldfish Bowl too-and in staircase 18! What room were you Veedy? What subject by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    I was in The Goldfish Bowl too-and in staircase 18! What room were you Veedy? What subject by the way?
    Which subject were you ? Did you receive an offer?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.