Turn on thread page Beta

Worcester College Oxford watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Which subject were you ? Did you receive an offer?

Modern History. Got an offer for AAA Did you get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    Modern History. Got an offer for AAA Did you get an offer?
    Woohoo, well done ! Yes I did get an offer of AAA for medicine So that makes 5 for Worcester from this board - we've almost got ourselves a mini club going ! You don't happen to be Ella are you (random question I know ) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Woohoo, well done ! Yes I did get an offer of AAA for medicine So that makes 5 for Worcester from this board - we've almost got ourselves a mini club going ! You don't happen to be Ella are you (random question I know ) ?

No-im not Ella, sorry! Who are the others then apart from you, and for which subjects? I loved the college-what did you think of it? Can`t wait to go if I make my offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    No-im not Ella, sorry! Who are the others then apart from you, and for which subjects? I loved the college-what did you think of it? Can`t wait to go if I make my offer
    lol, sorry about the random name asking - I think (not 100% positive because word of mouth from a friend) Ella may be joining you this year to study history at Worcester ! As for 'the others' there's rocksteady (medicine) and Veedy (geography) - I just realised that there are only 4 of us in total (unless including Ella of course!)- overcounted due to excitement of discovering a new Worcestian (hmm I don't think that's what they are called ).

As for Worcester - fabulous, stunning, extremely friendly, really got on with the tutors who interviewed me, lovely students, food is supposed to be good and cheap (although I didn't eat there), huge accomodation (freezing cold though!), good reputation, sports' fields, musical college. Hmm, I think that's about it! I fell in love with it when I first saw it (it was initially on my 'shortlist' of colleges because I wanted to apply to a reasonably musical college)!

I can't wait to go either Good luck with achieving your grades, hope to see you there in October (am sure we will talk about our excitement sometime or another before though!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Also, what was the food like? This sounds really bad, but I didn't have a single meal at Worcester, mainly because I arrived too late/had interviews/wanted to eat a posh meal at Wadham
    I thought the food at Worcester was really nice-better than what my friends said the food in their colleges was! Was a really nice hall as well to eat in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    I thought the food at Worcester was really nice-better than what my friends said the food in their colleges was! Was a really nice hall as well to eat in.
    The hall at Worcester is really nice (I saw it on the open day) and pretty - glad to hear the food was good - app. Worcester is one of the best colleges food-wise (good to know !)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    I was in The Goldfish Bowl too-and in staircase 18! What room were you Veedy? What subject by the way?
    Wow! What a co-incidence? I was room 5, what about you? I got an offer for geography. What did you think of Worcester. I thought it was impressive. A really nice and beautiful place to spend three years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Wow! What a co-incidence? I was room 5, what about you? I got an offer for geography. What did you think of Worcester. I thought it was impressive. A really nice and beautiful place to spend three years!
    I was 10! I loved the college, thought it was really pretty and everyone was so friendly. Also liked how it was in a great location, it did not seem far out at all like some think! Did you say your offer was AAA? Were there many candidates for geography? Don`t think I was there at the same time as the geography people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    I was 10! I loved the college, thought it was really pretty and everyone was so friendly. Also liked how it was in a great location, it did not seem far out at all like some think! Did you say your offer was AAA? Were there many candidates for geography? Don`t think I was there at the same time as the geography people.
    Yeah, I agree about the location. Its only about a 5-10 minute walk from to get to the city centre and at the same time it is quite secluded, though there was a lot of traffic outside the college some times. Yes, my offer was AAA :eek: . There were 16 applicants for 4 places for geography, what about modern history? Don't think you were there at the same time as geography, I think you were a week later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    I was 10! I loved the college, thought it was really pretty and everyone was so friendly.
    Yeah, the college was great. Did you walk around the grounds? I thought the lake was beautiful. JCR was comfy if somewhat empty and I thought the hall was really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    worcester holds many "attractions" for jools
    Do you want to elaborate Tagzt?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.