suits Watch

This discussion is closed.
Craggerz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Moss Bross is good, and if you haggle them with the prices, there'll reuce it for you, at least they did for me
tash087
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My brother got his first suit for an interview from M&S (he got the job!). Although he now gets his suits made-to-measure from Ozwald Boateng on Savile Row, he still does have some suits from M&S's Autograph collection, where designers make the suits for M&S.

For an interview, if you only want to spend between £100 and £200 on a suit then i'd advise M&S. There are some slight differences between tailored and suits from M&S, but for an interview no one will care that much. However if you want to, you could buy a good quality from shirt from somewhere like Thomas Pink, which can make all the difference to a suit.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
hi

i need a suit for working/placement interviews in october/november.
ive got about £100-200 but wanna buy a few shirts too (i already have some dress shoes)

where should i purchase from?

(also how much would it cost to get a tailor to alter a suit? if i got one from a highstreet would they do alterations (for free?)?)

thanks!

Get a tailored suit. I cannot stress how tacky i find it when I am in the city and you see men in suits that werent made for them and just look wrong on.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
Get a tailored suit. I cannot stress how tacky i find it when I am in the city and you see men in suits that werent made for them and just look wrong on.
yes yes i agree.

but seriously people, while YOU may be able to afford a tailored suit, I cannot. not yet anyway. so please, give me suggestions taking into account the money i can spend.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
yes yes i agree.

but seriously people, while YOU may be able to afford a tailored suit, I cannot. not yet anyway. so please, give me suggestions taking into account the money i can spend.
MOSS, NEXT - both good places.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok, buy a suit from a reputable but affordable store then find a tailor who ill re-fit it to you.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads