Turn on thread page Beta

at the end of the day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Haha...well - yea, living in wales i know they do have a lot of colloquiolisms.... atleast you haven't got But, Baach and Braa...and they keep going.
    But, "to be fair".... Aaaaarrgggh!
    I'm heard of "cwch" too (I'm not exactly sure how to spell it though) - means "hug"

ReputationRep:
    your lucky you weren't forced to do a bloody GCSE in the subject....
    i'm a bit further east than swansea though (glamorgan) so it is a little more civilised

ReputationRep:
    I don’t recall anyone repeatedly mentioning the said phrase in any of the thrilling conversations I have had the pleasure in partaking recently. :rolleyes:

On the other hand I’m annoyed with my frequent use of ‘essentially…’ after I’ve severely digressed from the point of any conversation.

ReputationRep:
    your obviously not spending enough time in the provinces...then again, spending most of your year in a stately home...

ReputationRep:
    i'm a bit further east than swansea though (glamorgan) so it is a little more civilised
    more civilised?! :eek: Swansea is in West Glamorgan though isn't it? And it's better than living in the Valleys, or so I've heard..

ReputationRep:
    i hate the phrase "dog eat dog" because i hate saskia the chavy common tart.

ReputationRep:
    Not really...its the vale of glamorgan, which is west of cardiff to east of bridgend....i dont know what county swansea is in though - but your right in saying its better than the valleys - Tonyrevail (or however you spell it)has the only active Klu Klux Klan in the whole of britain - worrying eh....

ReputationRep:
    Tonyrevail (or however you spell it)has the only active Klu Klux Klan in the whole of britain - worrying eh....
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I didn't know that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    thats a bad example because people shooting each other is deep (ie theres a reason for it) whereas football is just a game. just doing it for the fun of it.

like, swimming is just moving around in water.

but im not afan of football!
    Its all relative, people have died while playing football (not that many though). It also trying to show how anything can be insulted just by using different words even if it is just someones opinion.

ReputationRep:
    yep - tis a little worrying isn't it...but then again being a proud englishmen in wales, you would probably be subjected to the same treatmen by the deranged KKK members...

ReputationRep:
    being a proud englishmen in wales, you would probably be subjected to the same treatmen by the deranged KKK members...
    lol I suppose that's a possibility.. though I'm female btw!

ReputationRep:
    *Campaign Against Cliches*

ReputationRep:
    yea, i could tell from that little pink symbol near to your name...I was just talking from personal experience, i wouldn't of thought you would experience the same thing or to the same extent since being in a largely student population that you would be in less of a minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    i hate the phrase "dog eat dog" because i hate saskia the chavy common tart.
    "a million percent." :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And also "Off the hook!" and "Fok About!". Go Maxwell.

ReputationRep:
    i wish maxwell was still in it, his phrases didn't bother me

ReputationRep:
    Ya get me?

Yanaaawaamean?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRGGGGHHGH!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hate "dog-eat-dog" how many dogs do you know that practice dog canibalism. Go on how many?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    why is everyone saying this statement?
    Because they are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    'at the end of the day'
    'all in all'
    'first things first'
    they all mean NOTHING. how annoying.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.