Turn on thread page Beta

at the end of the day watch

ReputationRep:
    "basically" any sentence without it would just be the same...

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not basically

ReputationRep:
    yep - basically its a word that makes no difference to what we say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    why is everyone saying this statement? same as the thing is, and dog eat dog. i think too many people have been watching big brother
    At the end of the day you will understand why...oooops!.Did'nt mean to.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha

ReputationRep:
    My personal tutor used to say "know what I mean?" or "See what I mean?" at the end of every sentence, it was so infectious - not so much annoying when he said it but very annoying when you found yourself saying it at the end of every sentence for several days later...

ReputationRep:
    Because what they say isn't true untill the end?

I hate "I have to say..." the most. They don't have to say it. They have a choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    why is everyone saying this statement? same as the thing is, and dog eat dog. i think too many people have been watching big brother
    Phrases such as "at the end of the day" have been overused by many people for a long time. People just take more notice of it now after someone counted how many times the phrase was used on Big Brother.

Next people will be telling us that saying "at the end of the day" makes you a "chav" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it was bugging me, and now its really really ******** me off, everyone is still saying it- especailly on trisha

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.