Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go to church today? or go to any christmas services at all?

I went to a midnight service last night, i'd never been before, but it was actually really nice. it was jiust a few carols

apparently there were only about 10 people at my church this morning, which i think is pretty low (i was in bed though).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    coral service last night, which is quite laid back, a few corals

low turnout-ive been every year since i was born, cant remember so few people,

its my annual church visit, but i've vowed never to go again, i only eent this year for the sake of tradition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    coral service last night, which is quite laid back, a few corals

low turnout-ive been every year since i was born, cant remember so few people,

its my annual church visit, but i've vowed never to go again, i only eent this year for the sake of tradition

Coral? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    Did anyone go to church today? or go to any christmas services at all?

I went to a midnight service last night, i'd never been before, but it was actually really nice. it was jiust a few carols

apparently there were only about 10 people at my church this morning, which i think is pretty low (i was in bed though).

lou xxx
    i always go...i go every week (thanks to parents poking and proding) i went to the 11pm christmas eve service which gets out at midnight....so technically i DID go today!

ReputationRep:
    I went to the one our school hosts in the local church at the end of term, but didn't go to one yesterday or today.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I went to mass this morning at 8:30. As I do every christmas (despite my being an atheist).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Aye, I went to mass this morning at 8:30. As I do every christmas (despite my being an atheist).
    *applauds your spirituality* im not quite sure what i am, i believe that something happens after we die, but im not quite sure about the whole god jesus thing....ya know?

ReputationRep:

Why go if you're an atheist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i always go...i go every week (thanks to parents poking and proding) i went to the 11pm christmas eve service which gets out at midnight....so technically i DID go today!
    ours is at 11.30, so then the last candle can be lit at the end (bout 12.15)

i try and go every week but haven't much recently purely because sunday is the only day i don't work or have college, so i get all my wok done and stay in bed or go round to my boyfriends... but i should try and go every week again.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    ours is at 11.30, so then the last candle can be lit at the end (bout 12.15)

i try and go every week but haven't much recently purely because sunday is the only day i don't work or have college, so i get all my wok done and stay in bed or go round to my boyfriends... but i should try and go every week again.

lou xxx
    i go every week *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Why go if you're an atheist?
    Meh, it's a commitment.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's a commitment.
    to what? your parents?

ReputationRep:
    we never go to Church...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    to what? your parents?
    tradition?

im an agnostic going on atheist, yesterday however was the first time i truely realised what a farce it all is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    tradition?

im an agnostic going on atheist, yesterday however was the first time i truely realised what a farce it all is

You're seeing the light, my son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    tradition?

yeah...thats what im trying to say, im agnostic

ReputationRep:
    went to midnight mass last night, our vicar doesnt expect anyone to turn up in the morning thou, i dont know anyone who goes christmas morning, i dont think its really a tradition down here,

+ your not allowed communion more than once a day....so if you have it at 12:00 then you cant have it again at 10.

but it was absolutly packed last night.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    went to midnight mass last night, our vicar doesnt expect anyone to turn up in the morning thou, i dont know anyone who goes christmas morning, i dont think its really a tradition down here,

+ your not allowed communion more than once a day....so if you have it at 12:00 then you cant have it again at 10.

but it was absolutly packed last night.

love Katy ***
    at our 11 clock services its not.....nice and quiet, but at the 7 and 9 ist ALWAYS overflowing. no1 goes here on christmas morning either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    You're seeing the light, my son.
    silly boy.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the only reason I celebrate Christmas is so that I get presents!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.