Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go to church today? or go to any christmas services at all?

I went to a midnight service last night, i'd never been before, but it was actually really nice. it was jiust a few carols

apparently there were only about 10 people at my church this morning, which i think is pretty low (i was in bed though).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    coral service last night, which is quite laid back, a few corals

low turnout-ive been every year since i was born, cant remember so few people,

its my annual church visit, but i've vowed never to go again, i only eent this year for the sake of tradition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    coral service last night, which is quite laid back, a few corals

low turnout-ive been every year since i was born, cant remember so few people,

its my annual church visit, but i've vowed never to go again, i only eent this year for the sake of tradition

Coral? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    Did anyone go to church today? or go to any christmas services at all?

I went to a midnight service last night, i'd never been before, but it was actually really nice. it was jiust a few carols

apparently there were only about 10 people at my church this morning, which i think is pretty low (i was in bed though).

lou xxx
    i always go...i go every week (thanks to parents poking and proding) i went to the 11pm christmas eve service which gets out at midnight....so technically i DID go today!

ReputationRep:
    I went to the one our school hosts in the local church at the end of term, but didn't go to one yesterday or today.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I went to mass this morning at 8:30. As I do every christmas (despite my being an atheist).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Aye, I went to mass this morning at 8:30. As I do every christmas (despite my being an atheist).
    *applauds your spirituality* im not quite sure what i am, i believe that something happens after we die, but im not quite sure about the whole god jesus thing....ya know?

ReputationRep:

Why go if you're an atheist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i always go...i go every week (thanks to parents poking and proding) i went to the 11pm christmas eve service which gets out at midnight....so technically i DID go today!
    ours is at 11.30, so then the last candle can be lit at the end (bout 12.15)

i try and go every week but haven't much recently purely because sunday is the only day i don't work or have college, so i get all my wok done and stay in bed or go round to my boyfriends... but i should try and go every week again.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    ours is at 11.30, so then the last candle can be lit at the end (bout 12.15)

i try and go every week but haven't much recently purely because sunday is the only day i don't work or have college, so i get all my wok done and stay in bed or go round to my boyfriends... but i should try and go every week again.

lou xxx
    i go every week *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Why go if you're an atheist?
    Meh, it's a commitment.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's a commitment.
    to what? your parents?

ReputationRep:
    we never go to Church...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    to what? your parents?
    tradition?

im an agnostic going on atheist, yesterday however was the first time i truely realised what a farce it all is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    tradition?

im an agnostic going on atheist, yesterday however was the first time i truely realised what a farce it all is

You're seeing the light, my son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    tradition?

yeah...thats what im trying to say, im agnostic

ReputationRep:
    went to midnight mass last night, our vicar doesnt expect anyone to turn up in the morning thou, i dont know anyone who goes christmas morning, i dont think its really a tradition down here,

+ your not allowed communion more than once a day....so if you have it at 12:00 then you cant have it again at 10.

but it was absolutly packed last night.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    went to midnight mass last night, our vicar doesnt expect anyone to turn up in the morning thou, i dont know anyone who goes christmas morning, i dont think its really a tradition down here,

+ your not allowed communion more than once a day....so if you have it at 12:00 then you cant have it again at 10.

but it was absolutly packed last night.

love Katy ***
    at our 11 clock services its not.....nice and quiet, but at the 7 and 9 ist ALWAYS overflowing. no1 goes here on christmas morning either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    You're seeing the light, my son.
    silly boy.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the only reason I celebrate Christmas is so that I get presents!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.