Where to shop student style! (clothes) Watch

This discussion is closed.
wackojacko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ok firstly most shops I go into sell rather crap stuff and/or is too expensive. All I want is a shop to buy some nice casual clothes that suggests that im not 16 anymore . But since im going to university I need it cheap as well :O. Any decent student shops? Suprisingly I heard oxfam is a good choice
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
primark!!!! can't go wrong with a £2 top!!!!

i like topshop as well, they do quality jumpers in the winter!

EDIT: Just noticed yr not a female, sorry! primark do some cool tops for men though!
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Primark rocks
lauren23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
primark.end of!
wackojacko
Rep:
?
Heh no worries . Yeah Topman (meh it's the same as topshop) do have some cheap quality stuff in. I haven't heard of primark but if I see it and ill go and have a look unless it looks mainly women orientated. I have some pride! .

Since your all women, what do you think makes a guy look more...older, im throwing away all my hoodies that make me look like an 12 year old skateboarder
strawberry_wise
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oxfam is ace :love:
Glory
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i feel sorry for guys they dont have much in the way of clothes shops.
Andrew_S
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As a bloke - do not shop at topman, river island, next, burton etc ... it's all high street crap, deep v neck "vintage" t shirts with holes in them, horrible layered t shirts, generic striped polo shirts, customised blazers and awful ripped jeans. I could go on, but I won't.

I would hate to look like every other bloke at a wetherspoons pub on a Fri with their awful dyed trendy mullet that was fashionable with hairdressers around 3 years ago.

I would suggest that high street stores be visited only for basics and only really H&M if you're a bloke. I'm a mix of ebay, vintage clothes shops, charity shops and H&M basically. It's cheaper too that way.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Andrew_S)
As a bloke - do not shop at topman, river island, next, burton etc ... it's all high street crap, deep v neck "vintage" t shirts with holes in them, horrible layered t shirts, generic striped polo shirts, customised blazers and awful ripped jeans. I could go on, but I won't.

I would hate to look like every other bloke at a wetherspoons pub on a Fri with their awful dyed trendy mullet that was fashionable with hairdressers around 3 years ago.

I would suggest that high street stores be visited only for basics and only really H&M if you're a bloke. I'm a mix of ebay, vintage clothes shops, charity shops and H&M basically. It's cheaper too that way.
I'd agree-I get all my clothes from H&M, Primark and TK Maxx. All mega cheap and I worship H&M.
twistedheaven
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I tend to buy my stuff from CULT or USC in the sales, republic and topman are decent enough places as well.

But yeah, i wait for the sales!!
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
like many others i say H&M, there you can find a lot of basic clothes for a cheap price.
.x.g.x.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
h&m and primark deffinatly! and some1 on here sed the oxfam at covent garden is run by fashion students from st.martins and they hunt round all the 2nd hand shops and put it all in that oxfam.. sounds good.
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
Is it only me who can never find anything decent to buy in Primark because thier local store is AWFUL. It is just one huge mess of a shop that sells rubbish clothes near me-the same with H&M in fact. My local H&M could easily be mistaken for a badly organised jumble sale. It makes me sad because I feel I am missing out on some great bargins!! (Must treat myself for a shopping trip to Manchester or somewhere to visit the decent branches of these stores!!)
TOD100
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How cheap is HandM?
wackojacko
Rep:
?
Ive never heard of H&M I don't think there is one in canterbury.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wackojacko)
Where are you going to Uni?
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wackojacko)
Can't you do a shopping trip to London if you're planning on getting a whole new wardrobe? I know they have an H&M there for sure
Mata
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you're going to London, do Camden for cheap vintage t-shirt in every colour under the sun, jackets etc.

Also, Urban Outfitters is great, if a bit more expensive. Their men's range is way smaller than their women's though. The kind of place to get one or two key pieces to hold everything else together.

Yep, and H&M again. Very reasonably priced. I'm quite disappointed in the Oxford Street H&M. Its neat, but not that huge.
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
can you find ZARA in london? it is a bit like H&M, (but maybe they have more girl clothes??) i think it comes from spain originally.
.x.g.x.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
theres 3 between oxford street and marble arch!! and yeah urban outfitters is really good.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (43)
44.79%
Pro-humanity (53)
55.21%

Watched Threads