The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DEFINATELY. But the damn shops aren't open 'til Saturday. Gr. :mad:
Reply 2
Dante2004
do u over spend at christmas

About 30-40 pounds on other people, not too much imho.
Reply 3
Yes, especially this year. I'm going to avoid looking at my bank balance for a while. I didn't get too much Christmas money either (and only £5 was real money) so their goes my hopes of regaining what was spent. And then there's the coming sales spending to consider...*sigh*

Ah well, I enjoy it.
Reply 4
around £11. i like to make my pounds work for me. yeah baby!!!!
Reply 5
Egan1
Yes, especially this year. I'm going to avoid looking at my bank balance for a while. And then there's the coming sales spending to consider...*sigh*

You think too much. Just go out and spend it all. Even if you can't think of anything to buy! :biggrin: (Well...actually, that's probably why I have so much useless crap...)
theone
About 30-40 pounds on other people, not too much imho.

About that much on other people at the pub last night... was good to see everyone after about a year. Most have done very well for themselves - one guy who teachers thought was a no-hoper is now an international DJ who's had a set with Judge Jules, another's a nationally ranked boxer...
Reply 7
ilovecjs
You think too much. Just go out and spend it all. Even if you can't think of anything to buy! :biggrin: (Well...actually, that's probably why I have so much useless crap...)

Perhaps the reason I like buying presents so much- it's an excuse to pick up bargains/cheapo stuff. I certainly get a lot out of what I spend.

And I contest that anyone has as much crap as me.
Reply 8
Jools
About that much on other people at the pub last night... was good to see everyone after about a year. Most have done very well for themselves - one guy who teachers thought was a no-hoper is now an international DJ who's had a set with Judge Jules, another's a nationally ranked boxer...

yeah but he's achieved nothing academically so the teachers were right. grades are more important than fame and money. they are everything.
Reply 9
gib
yeah but he's achieved nothing academically so the teachers were right. grades are more important than fame and money. they are everything.

Oh dear.
Reply 10
1840 NOK - about £154

and I still haven't bought anything for my boyfriend...
gib

:rolleyes:
Reply 12
Linda
1840 NOK - about £154

you are the best present a boy cud ever want.
Reply 13
Linda
1840 NOK - about £154

lol
when is he coming back? he told me that u're going to give him his present around new year. betta hurry :wink:

((what r u going to buy for him?))
Reply 14
Jools
:rolleyes:

dont roll ur eyes at me boy!
gib
dont roll ur eyes at me boy!

Lol. I'm just really hoping you're not being serious in thinking grades are more important than anything else. You sound like me age 14.
Reply 16
icy
lol
when is he coming back? he told me that u're going to give him his present around new year. betta hurry :wink:

((what r u going to buy for him?))

Well the stores don't open for a while...
We'll be seeing you at Sofie's? he's coming home the last day of December - I miss him terribly:frown:
Reply 17
Jools
Lol. I'm just really hoping you're not being serious in thinking grades are more important than anything else. You sound like me age 14.

well no doubt like me you got a good set of excellent grades.
gib
well no doubt like me you got a good set of excellent grades.

Yes, but realised that that means very little regarding happiness in life.
Reply 19
Just over £400 (I have a very large family, you see).

Latest

Trending

Trending