Guys hints on :relationships and shyness Watch

This discussion is closed.
wackojacko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I just wanted to pass the wisdom on which I received from another. You may not like it, you may think I generalise a bit about women, you might just think im wrong completely, if so then bugg** off I try and help and you moan at me. Give me a break . Anyway...

Firstly, everything girls tell you about what they want in a man or whatever is..crap, no offence to you girls but essentially girls don't know what they want, many may say : I want a lovely guy who watches girly movies all day and is nice to me, does everything I say etc... But in fact if you had a girlfriend like this, wouldn't you get bored? Wouldn't you wonder why she acts so ...needy? Wouldn't you think "ooh maybe I could get better if im treated like god". What women really want is a man not a sweet guy, sometimes you have to say no, sometimes you have to turn up late to dates, don't buy drinks for women your not dating.... the idea is to be a bit of a challenge and don't take any crap. This is why you see all those idiots going out with the most attractive girl in school. But no worries you don't have to be like that, all you have to do is go for the middle path be nice but strong. Be passionate about life, girls shouldn't take up your life.

In summary: Don't be a doormat but don't be a bast***
Okay thats all im going to say about that, it sounds quite harsh and when I first saw this stuff I was shocked but it's all true. I have a lot more to say on this topic but this isn't a dating site , if you want me to talk more just pm me and ill put you in the right direction .
---------------------------------------------

Shyness: All I can say about this really is the only way to break it is through this program that I found. Essentially I got all of this stuff from the same source actually, maybe some of you will recognise it.

If your shy do this:

1) Get a job involving the public
2) Get out more if you can

Obvious stuff really. But here's the thing that if you manage to achieve will change you:

In the next week your challenge is to say hi to 50 people on the street/park/mall/anywhere. But try and keep to strangers. It's hard but just try and try, get a lift to a town with no money and arrange to be picked up in an hours time! Then you have no choice (Not recommended for younger people).
Then the next week make 15 short conversations with people.

Then the next week try and meet as many people as you can and try and get them to meet you again. It's the only way.

I'm done , PM me any harsh messages and I won't hesitate to report you to a moderator.
Ollie87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sound advice.
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can say hi to 400 people a day and still be shy.
Jack0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well that wasn't worth reading. What girls want fundamentally, and indeed all of us, is to be loved and to love in return. Generally, treat her like gold and you can't go far wrong if she's the right person for you.

As for shyness. It can be an advantage in certain situations and courting in general. No one likes cockiness and it would seem logical to me that a girl would be more flattered if a shy guy plucked up the courage to speak/flirt with her than some loud brash guy who likes the sound of his own voice.
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
nail on the head.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jack0)
No one likes cockiness and it would seem logical to me that a girl would be more flattered if a shy guy plucked up the courage to speak/flirt with her than some loud brash guy who likes the sound of his own voice.
Don't be too certain , I have run into a few people who seem to find it a turn on. Sort of scary ...
Jack0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
Don't be too certain , I have run into a few people who seem to find it a turn on. Sort of scary ...
Well I suppose a better word would have been arrogance. Confidence is fine though. I was trying to make the point that if you're shy it's nothing to worry about and can even be advantageous.
KerChing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wackojacko)
I just wanted to pass the wisdom on which I received from another. You may not like it, you may think I generalise a bit about women, you might just think im wrong completely, if so then bugg** off I try and help and you moan at me. Give me a break . Anyway...
some people may take you down for some of the stuff u said, but basically everything u've said is good advice, can be modified generally, but does work in the long term. Respect
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jack0)
Well I suppose a better word would have been arrogance. Confidence is fine though. I was trying to make the point that if you're shy it's nothing to worry about and can even be advantageous.
Indeed. This is definately true for girls so it may very well work teh otehr way arroudn as well. I know that I for one just find it cute when my girlfriend is a bit shy ( within reason ).
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm female and frankly I want a guy who will do whatever I want him to do, as well as challenge me in sarcastic repartees. He has to have a sense of humor no matter what and not a be a mushy, sensitive cow.

As for the cockiness in a guy--depends on what kind of cockiness; cockiness as in fun and trustworthy with sarcasm, or just cocky. I like the first, not the latter.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
I'm female and frankly I want a guy who will do whatever I want him to do,
Are you really sure about that? I sure know I would not want to have a girlfriend who would object if I demand far too much out of her.
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not a be a mushy, sensitive cow.
Damn there goes my chances!

I am very sarcastic though :p:
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Are you really sure about that? I sure know I would not want to have a girlfriend who would object if I demand far too much out of her.

?? You do NOT want a girlfriend who would object if you want too much of her. Um basically you're saying you concur with me....
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
?? You do NOT want a girlfriend who would object if you want too much of her. Um basically you're saying you concur with me....
Meh, my mistake I missed a negative there,

I would not want a girlfriend who would not object if I demanded far too much out of her.
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But if you're a really stubborn/coveting/ambitious person, it's better not to date someone exactly like you. Thus it's better to date someone who will do things for you rather than irritate you.

Meh, my mistake I missed a negative there,

I would not want a girlfriend who would not object if I demanded far too much out of her.
If you think like that, you probably wouldn't demand far too much from your gf anyway.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you think like that, you probably wouldn't demand far too much from your gf anyway.
I hope you are right
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (133)
40.3%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.7%

Watched Threads