The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Speciez99
i was lucky to avoid the horrors of underwear and other such junk this year but i was wondering did anyone get any really awful presents?

A chocolate golfclub!?!
Reply 2
Ralfskini
A chocolate golfclub!?!

Try eating it (just a suggestion).
nice at least tho u can eat it and it wont be lingering round for ages while you work out how to get rid of it without who ever gave it to u finding out
Reply 4
Mr White

I could do but how stupid would I look next time I turn up at the driving range with a half-knawed 5-iron?
Reply 5
If you recycle... just remember to write down who gave it to you. Would be a tad embarrasing to give back to the person who gave it to you...
'ralfskini'
I could do but how stupid would I look next time I turn up at the driving range with a half-knawed 5-iron?

er how big is it? full size and what else are u meant to do with it apart from eating it?
Reply 7
Well, as I've said, the lighted Revlon make-up mirror I got from my uncle.

Not only is it damned ugly, but was probably really expensive too, so I can't even fob it off to a friend (not that I would; don't want them to think I have no taste) because it's too 'much' as it were *sigh*.
'emma_ -1'
If you recycle... just remember to write down who gave it to you. Would be a tad embarrasing to give back to the person who gave it to you...

or not bother and ensure who ever sent u the incrimminalting present gets the same feeling you got when u opened it
Reply 9
Speciez99
er how big is it? full size and what else are u meant to do with it apart from eating it?

Well it's about a foot long but it comes with two (full-sized) golf balls.
'Ralfskini'
Well it's about a foot long but it comes with two (full-sized) golf balls

where on earth sells things like that?
Reply 11
Speciez99

Woolworths, Boots, Superdrug. Probably.
Reply 12
Egan1
Well, as I've said, the lighted Revlon make-up mirror I got from my uncle.

Not only is it damned ugly, but was probably really expensive too, so I can't even fob it off to a friend (not that I would; don't want them to think I have no taste) because it's too 'much' as it were *sigh*.

My friend has one... it is ugly: yes, but its a useful mirror for putting on makeup in a dark room!
'emma_ -1'
My friend has one... it is ugly: yes, but its a useful mirror for putting on makeup in a dark room!

why a dark room? does it have a light of something or does it have cool magical gandalf like properties?
Reply 14
Speciez99

i quite fancy one though... hmmm chocolate...and i thought golf was a stupid game.

i didn't get any stupid presents... the worst i got was this little notebook + envelope set from my friend (who i've knwon since i was 4) + it was really teeny + it looked like you could have got it in a cracker... but hey i gave that friend a candle set that one of the kids in my mum's class had given her (my mum's a teacher) so it's not like i exactly spent a fortune...

lou xxx
Speciez99

I dont know but on the back of the box it says Schlagerlball..... which is worrying!
'Ralfskini
I dont know but on the back of the box it says Schlagerlball..... which is worrying!

lol! sounds kinda german
Reply 17
Mr White

yummmy.....once i got these horrible granny underwear from grandma....
Reply 18
emma_

Yes, but you see I don't actually bother with make-up.

Speciez99
does it have cool magical gandalf like properties?

Ah, if only.
Speciez99
lol! sounds kinda german

I know. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending