The Student Room Group

2.2 DEGREE graduate schemes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A question.I am a graduate of a 4 years course in Greece. I studied Accounting at TEI of Piraeus a Greek University and graduated in 2006 with a mark equivalent to 2.1 (7.04 very good)..Now I am graduating from Manchester Business School Bsc (Hons) Management but its very likely to get a 2.2...I see many multinationals like Ernst&Young,Deloitte and others have my institution in their online form,however some have it as college...But again they ask classification and I enter 2.1..

My question is may I have good prospects for graduate schemes that ask for a 2.1?My careers service and personal tutor tell me that even in this way I fulfill their requirement.What do you think?
Reply 21
Original post by nojoegohome
With a 2.2 your best bet is signing on at the job centre because even a retail job is probably out of your league.

haha,no doubt you're doing one of these pointless degree like Geography or History
Reply 22
Original post by newts2k
haha,no doubt you're doing one of these pointless degree like Geography or History

I have a 2:2 in History and walked into a £40,000 job. Yep, definitely pointless. :wink:
Original post by bobbaybray
I have a 2:2 in History and walked into a £40,000 job. Yep, definitely pointless. :wink:

doing what?
Reply 24

er, don't remember writing this but what did you go into? what work?
Original post by nojoegohome
With a 2.2 your best bet is signing on at the job centre because even a retail job is probably out of your league.

No, Joe. Go home.

That's pretty impressive. May I ask what you're doing?
2.2 lol
Reply 28
Original post by wanderlust.xx
No, Joe. Go home.

lol, its mean joe, mean joe greene
Reply 29
Original post by Arsene Wenger
That's pretty impressive. May I ask what you're doing?

HR Management scheme. It's in central London so that might be why it's so high although I haven't seen too many like it.
Reply 30
That is absolutely appauling of you to say!!! I graduated with a 2:2 degree in Law and am now a business manager for the NHS and just finished my masters. There are lots of graduate schemes that allow 2:2 degrees and how do you know what this person has graduated in?? some people may have graduated with a 1st but in Art and Design, are you going to ridicule those people as well!!! you have no idea what peoples circumstances are that may have affected their studies...
I bit of common courtesy wouldnt go a miss, think before you speak!!!
Original post by happyabbi
That is absolutely appauling of you to say!!! I graduated with a 2:2 degree in Law and am now a business manager for the NHS and just finished my masters. There are lots of graduate schemes that allow 2:2 degrees and how do you know what this person has graduated in?? some people may have graduated with a 1st but in Art and Design, are you going to ridicule those people as well!!! you have no idea what peoples circumstances are that may have affected their studies...
I bit of common courtesy wouldnt go a miss, think before you speak!!!

This is all great and I want to support that, but there is this trend among recruiters - it's like a big cue, if one person starts doing one thing, everyone else starts doing that as well - that 2.1 is a must. When I was a 6th former, not many employers (not 75% of all employers) asked a 2.1. I remember a career day in my school where a graduate with a 2.2 was talking about his career in accountancy.

Today even a small company is asking for a 2.1 - this will rule out 2.2 graduates from the top universities. What is the point of SMEs saying a 2.1 is a must? Some SMEs are lucky to have 2.2 graduates from top universities. I personally don't understand. It's just herding among recruiters.
(edited 11 years ago)
Jaguar, Land rover, British Gas, Supermarkets, Mid Range accountancy firms etc
Reply 33
what a stuck up snob! I guarantee your girlfriend/boyfriend is definitely out of your league!! ....you must be a very sad, unfulfilled individual if you have to try and put others down, and that's putting it lightly .........
Original post by EBilly
what a stuck up snob! I guarantee your girlfriend/boyfriend is definitely out of your league!! ....you must be a very sad, unfulfilled individual if you have to try and put others down, and that's putting it lightly .........

Erm yeah this post is 5 years old...

Quick Reply

Latest