Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Nottingham to study English.
    I didn't actually mind too much, because it was my last choice uni, and I already had an offer from Bristol (which has 1500 applicants for 65 places) and have since received an offer from Oxford.

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into what Nottingham are looking for?

My old tutor said that it was my single C at GCSE, because they check through GCSE grades before looking at anything else. My mum, who works at Imperial college, said that perhaps they weren't in the market for oxbridge rejects. One of my admirers , who greatly flatters me, said that they knew that I was too good for them, and would definatly get into a better uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)
    I got rejected from Nottingham to study English.
    I didn't actually mind too much, because it was my last choice uni, and I already had an offer from Bristol (which has 1500 applicants for 65 places) and have since received an offer from Oxford.

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into what Nottingham are looking for?

My old tutor said that it was my single C at GCSE, because they check through GCSE grades before looking at anything else. My mum, who works at Imperial college, said that perhaps they weren't in the market for oxbridge rejects. One of my admirers , who greatly flatters me, said that they knew that I was too good for them, and would definatly get into a better uni.
    Don't waste time considering why, it doesn't matter, you've got a better offer. Which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Don't waste time considering why, it doesn't matter, you've got a better offer. Which college?
    Mansfield. I don't really care if it's the best college or whatever. Its cute, and I like the tutors there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)
    Mansfield. I don't really care if it's the best college or whatever. Its cute, and I like the tutors there!
    Well done, Mansfield's cool

ReputationRep:
    how the hell you get in with a C AT GCSE!!!well done anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEXTadamSMITH)
    I got an offer despite a C at IGCSE (in maths no less)

ReputationRep:
    how the hell you get in with a C AT GCSE!!!
    There's people here with 5 or so C's at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    I've never understood the "you got some B's and C's at GCSE, there is no way they'll offer you a place attiude myself". At Oxbridge they have enough means to test your aptitude for a particular subject, to the extent where GCSE's are probably of little importance. That's my reading of the situation anyway.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Ok, well I also had 8A*, the C was in art, its a long story...

Also have 3As at A level and Distinction at AEA.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.