The Sri Lankan Society Watch

Dr.Black Knight
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi everyone, I hope there are many sri lankan s here and many others who like sri lanka,
then tell what you like about sri lanka.
GdotL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tamil Eelam!!!!!!

oi chellam nice to see some budding medics
Dr.Black Knight
Rep:
?
(Original post by GdotL)
Tamil Eelam!!!!!!

oi chellam nice to see some budding medics
yeah, invite everyone.
*Tamar*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I want to join!!!!!
hi sri lankan and people who love sri lanka!!!
member404247
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Proud to be a SRI LANKAN!!!
Ayan.
Report 9 years ago
I want to join as well
also I'm a prospective medic too
ILikeTheGame
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *sageevan*)
Proud to be a SRI LANKAN!!!
Even though I was born and raised in Sri Lanka, I'm certainly not proud to be a Sri Lankan. Why would I associate with a country that wants to kill me beacuse I'm from an ethnic minority and then they blatantly deny it and make themselves look like heroes.
I'm more proud to be a Tamilan rather than a Sri Lankan
member404247
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ILikeTheGame)
Even though I was born and raised in Sri Lanka, I'm certainly not proud to be a Sri Lankan. Why would I associate with a country that wants to kill me beacuse I'm from an ethnic minority and then they blatantly deny it and make themselves look like heroes.
I'm more proud to be a Tamilan rather than a Sri Lankan
were you affected by the war..?
Michaelwicks2711
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
It seems ILikeTheGame has been affected, subjectively mind, so its not always obvious sageevan.
ILikeTheGame
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *sageevan*)
were you affected by the war..?
Greatly:rolleyes:
Dr.Black Knight
Rep:
?
Greatly:rolleyes:
how??
Are you still in Sri Lanka?
Kiyam
Report 9 years ago
I am but i cant really say i am proud because my country's government is a disgrace, the last 20 or so years was also a disgrace. The country has hardly developed and so on and on and on.

However I can say it is a beautiful country and it woulda been even more so if the people were united.

Oh and I love my immediate family there.
Dr.Anne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am a sri lankan.
ILikeTheGame
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dr.Black Knight)
how??
Are you still in Sri Lanka?
No I was born there, spent most of my childhood there.
I remember how badly the Sri Lankan Army treated me and my family. Randomly coming into our house without no notice and shout at us whilst waving their guns in our faces.
I remember when my dad went abroad to work and we even had proof but they were so sure that he joined the Tamil Tigers that they suddenly kidnapped my uncle(dad's brother) and interrogated him more physically than verbally.
I remember for about 6 months we had to constantly move from one place to another every few days, sometimes walking throughout the night and praying that we don't get hit by artillary.
I remember seeing innocent people get shot by the Sri Lankan Army for silly reasons such as not having ID or because they knew someone who was a Tamil Tiger.
I remember Tamil Tigers recruiting boys that were no younger than 14 and brainwash these kids in fighting for a lost cause.

When the war finished, I was happy since the fighting stopped and both Tamils and Singhalese can live peacefully.
Then I see the camps that the innocent Tamils were placed in and how badly they were sufffering.
Then I saw that infamous video where Sri Lankan soldiers where shooting naked tamil prisoners.
And still today tens of thousands of tamils are suffering in prisoner camps and dying without no aid or help

This is how I've been affected and to this day I have many nightmares.
Sorry for such a long post as this is the only way i can get this off my mind since I can't really talk to anyone about this.
Dr.Black Knight
Rep:
?
No I was born there, spent most of my childhood there.
I remember how badly the Sri Lankan Army treated me and my family. Randomly coming into our house without no notice and shout at us whilst waving their guns in our faces.
I remember when my dad went abroad to work and we even had proof but they were so sure that he joined the Tamil Tigers that they suddenly kidnapped my uncle(dad's brother) and interrogated him more physically than verbally.
I remember for about 6 months we had to constantly move from one place to another every few days, sometimes walking throughout the night and praying that we don't get hit by artillary.
I remember seeing innocent people get shot by the Sri Lankan Army for silly reasons such as not having ID or because they knew someone who was a Tamil Tiger.
I remember Tamil Tigers recruiting boys that were no younger than 14 and brainwash these kids in fighting for a lost cause.

When the war finished, I was happy since the fighting stopped and both Tamils and Singhalese can live peacefully.
Then I see the camps that the innocent Tamils were placed in and how badly they were sufffering.
Then I saw that infamous video where Sri Lankan soldiers where shooting naked tamil prisoners.
And still today tens of thousands of tamils are suffering in prisoner camps and dying without no aid or help

This is how I've been affected and to this day I have many nightmares.
Sorry for such a long post as this is the only way i can get this off my mind since I can't really talk to anyone about this.
sorry. for not understanding you.
ILikeTheGame
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sorry. for not understanding you.
Its OK
Are you Tamil or Singhalese???
Dr.Black Knight
Rep:
?
Its OK
Are you Tamil or Singhalese???
A .......
TAMIL!!!!!
pandora22
Report 9 years ago
Hi. I am a sri lankan from malaysia. Going to study medic in scotland come september. Anybody in the same boat ?? Cheerz =)
ILikeTheGame
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A .......
TAMIL!!!!!
Nice
I see your a prospective medic too.
So am I, Not that successful this year, gonna take a gap year so I guess I'll be with you in 2011.
Good luck for your exams.
Dr.Black Knight
Rep:
?
Nice
I see your a prospective medic too.
So am I, Not that successful this year, gonna take a gap year so I guess I'll be with you in 2011.
Good luck for your exams.
thanks
what were your results and your unis why were you rejected?
Am asking because am a bit scared?
by the way have you got the jan marking schemes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (358)
56.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise