The Student Room Group

The Sri Lankan Society

Hi everyone, I hope there are many sri lankan s here and many others who like sri lanka,
then tell what you like about sri lanka.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tamil Eelam!!!!!!

oi chellam nice to see some budding medics :tongue:
GdotL
Tamil Eelam!!!!!!

oi chellam nice to see some budding medics :tongue:

yeah, invite everyone.
Reply 3
I want to join!!!!!
hi sri lankan and people who love sri lanka!!!
Proud to be a SRI LANKAN!!!
Reply 5
I want to join as well
also I'm a prospective medic too :biggrin:
*sageevan*
Proud to be a SRI LANKAN!!!

Even though I was born and raised in Sri Lanka, I'm certainly not proud to be a Sri Lankan. Why would I associate with a country that wants to kill me beacuse I'm from an ethnic minority and then they blatantly deny it and make themselves look like heroes.
I'm more proud to be a Tamilan rather than a Sri Lankan
ILikeTheGame
Even though I was born and raised in Sri Lanka, I'm certainly not proud to be a Sri Lankan. Why would I associate with a country that wants to kill me beacuse I'm from an ethnic minority and then they blatantly deny it and make themselves look like heroes.
I'm more proud to be a Tamilan rather than a Sri Lankan

were you affected by the war..?
It seems ILikeTheGame has been affected, subjectively mind, so its not always obvious sageevan.
*sageevan*
were you affected by the war..?

Greatly:rolleyes:
ILikeTheGame
Greatly:rolleyes:

how??
Are you still in Sri Lanka?
Reply 11
I am but i cant really say i am proud because my country's government is a disgrace, the last 20 or so years was also a disgrace. The country has hardly developed and so on and on and on.

However I can say it is a beautiful country and it woulda been even more so if the people were united.

Oh and I love my immediate family there.
Reply 12
I am a sri lankan.
Dr.Black Knight
how??
Are you still in Sri Lanka?

No I was born there, spent most of my childhood there.
I remember how badly the Sri Lankan Army treated me and my family. Randomly coming into our house without no notice and shout at us whilst waving their guns in our faces.
I remember when my dad went abroad to work and we even had proof but they were so sure that he joined the Tamil Tigers that they suddenly kidnapped my uncle(dad's brother) and interrogated him more physically than verbally.
I remember for about 6 months we had to constantly move from one place to another every few days, sometimes walking throughout the night and praying that we don't get hit by artillary.
I remember seeing innocent people get shot by the Sri Lankan Army for silly reasons such as not having ID or because they knew someone who was a Tamil Tiger.
I remember Tamil Tigers recruiting boys that were no younger than 14 and brainwash these kids in fighting for a lost cause.

When the war finished, I was happy since the fighting stopped and both Tamils and Singhalese can live peacefully.
Then I see the camps that the innocent Tamils were placed in and how badly they were sufffering.
Then I saw that infamous video where Sri Lankan soldiers where shooting naked tamil prisoners.
And still today tens of thousands of tamils are suffering in prisoner camps and dying without no aid or help

This is how I've been affected and to this day I have many nightmares.
Sorry for such a long post as this is the only way i can get this off my mind since I can't really talk to anyone about this.
ILikeTheGame
No I was born there, spent most of my childhood there.
I remember how badly the Sri Lankan Army treated me and my family. Randomly coming into our house without no notice and shout at us whilst waving their guns in our faces.
I remember when my dad went abroad to work and we even had proof but they were so sure that he joined the Tamil Tigers that they suddenly kidnapped my uncle(dad's brother) and interrogated him more physically than verbally.
I remember for about 6 months we had to constantly move from one place to another every few days, sometimes walking throughout the night and praying that we don't get hit by artillary.
I remember seeing innocent people get shot by the Sri Lankan Army for silly reasons such as not having ID or because they knew someone who was a Tamil Tiger.
I remember Tamil Tigers recruiting boys that were no younger than 14 and brainwash these kids in fighting for a lost cause.

When the war finished, I was happy since the fighting stopped and both Tamils and Singhalese can live peacefully.
Then I see the camps that the innocent Tamils were placed in and how badly they were sufffering.
Then I saw that infamous video where Sri Lankan soldiers where shooting naked tamil prisoners.
And still today tens of thousands of tamils are suffering in prisoner camps and dying without no aid or help

This is how I've been affected and to this day I have many nightmares.
Sorry for such a long post as this is the only way i can get this off my mind since I can't really talk to anyone about this.

sorry. for not understanding you.
Dr.Black Knight
sorry. for not understanding you.

Its OK
Are you Tamil or Singhalese???
ILikeTheGame
Its OK
Are you Tamil or Singhalese???

A .......
TAMIL!!!!!:smile:
Reply 17
Hi. I am a sri lankan from malaysia. Going to study medic in scotland come september. Anybody in the same boat ?? Cheerz =)
Dr.Black Knight
A .......
TAMIL!!!!!:smile:

Nice :biggrin:
I see your a prospective medic too.
So am I, Not that successful this year, gonna take a gap year so I guess I'll be with you in 2011.
Good luck for your exams.:biggrin:
ILikeTheGame
Nice :biggrin:
I see your a prospective medic too.
So am I, Not that successful this year, gonna take a gap year so I guess I'll be with you in 2011.
Good luck for your exams.:biggrin:

thanks
what were your results and your unis why were you rejected?
Am asking because am a bit scared?
by the way have you got the jan marking schemes?

Quick Reply

Latest