I wonder how much british people spend on parties per week
hugatree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by aggi)
Well I'm not British, but I'm first to vote. Student parties cost like, £1 entrance fee, £1 per drink etc, and I only go once a week (sometimes twice every two weeks... whenever sth fun is going on). So yeah, £5 max.
Gexko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well a decent nights drinking (say 5 pints of beer) would cost you around £13, food on top of that another £5. So if you go out 3 times a week then maybe £60.

If you dont have to travel that is.

In a student bar though, drinks are usually much cheaper, but i dont really think that counts for this question.
LostRiot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
£60 a week i think.

you probably need £30 a week, but £60 is nicer,
actually, having voted, i don't spend all of that on going out, more like, £40.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Depends what you are doing. If I take a taxi back which I normally do thats a fiver so twice a week a tenner.
£15 a go on drinks probably so no less than 40. As an undergrad I would imagine it to be more.
bourdu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
£6 is enough for me. I prefer to party at home. It's cheaper and far funnier !
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I'm formalling, it's £4.10 for the ticket (though that goes on my end of term bill so I don't pay attention to that) - about £4 for my bottle of wine, though only really £2 as I share that and then at least another £10 on drinks/club entrance. I'd say about £40 a week, maybe more if I'm feeling extravagant .
thaddeus
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In Sunderland there is only really three good nights out Tuesday (gay-friendly which is mostly straight), Thursday (STUDENT), and Sunday, and as i rule of thumb, i normally spend about £30, and £8 of that is normally on a taxi. I get upset if i spend more than £40 though as its just a waste!
fleur-de-lis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My partying is limited to formal halls & class parties... the latter is often a potluck event (incl. wine), while the former can be b/w 5- 14 pounds.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I dont have a party every week... :confused:
Font
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
I dont have a party every week... :confused:
i've only been to one party in my life...that was like 10 years ago - i'm not social :eek:
_m_a_y_a_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bourdu)
£6 is enough for me. I prefer to party at home. It's cheaper and far funnier !

Guess there'll be a lot of parties at your place in Sheffield then, I'll be waiting for my invitation just don't forget the grenadine, limo and beer
aggi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by _m_a_y_a_)
I'll be waiting for my invitation
ditto
SexyKe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if i go out i spend around £30 and on average i go out once a week, thou it tends to be three nights in a row and then nowt for a month! For my 18th im planning to be spend about £300 although thats including beauticians appts and everything!!
sparklyglitter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In my city I usually spend about £40 on a night out,including taxi fare.However if I'm elsewhere I can fork out up to £300-paying for a hotel,cocktails,taxis and train fares.This is not often mind.
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At the moment I rarely spend less than 40 quid on a night out, including entrance, drink and taxi. If I'm eating before hand then I drink less afterwards so I'd spend maybe 50 altogether.

I think I'll manage on 20 quid per night out at uni if i'm fortunate with transport.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Depends how wasted I wanna get, if its gonna be a heavy night, I'll get through £20-25, plus £5 for a taxi, do that maybe once or twice a week, if its gonna be an easy night, £10 and £5 for travel again, so on average probably spend about £60 a week, though looking to tone that down big style when I start again in October.
Motiebob
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well i spend lots, yes lots £50 a night. I spend 20 on beer 20 on wine and 10 on the cab home
Motiebob
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I also live in Norwich so nice to meet you. And if you would be kind please give me a good post
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by aggi)
Well in a lot of fancy clubs you need to buy a bottle to get a table and so that's when I've spent the most. A couple of 100 pound vodka bottles among ourselves and that was after drinking at home and a few bars on the way.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (661)
80.61%
Leave (159)
19.39%

Watched Threads