The Student Room Group
Aspire Lili
Hi Everyone......

I have a BA Social Work Interview Next Week for Kent University... Was jus wondering if anyone has had a previous Kent interview and help me out on the type of questions that was asked??

And advice on how I should prepare..

There's a long thread slightly further down the page called "Social Work Interview" started by socialworkstudent. Although it might not have any information specific to interviews at Kent, it covers loads about the different types of interview (group/individual/written test etc) and recommended reading for preparation.

I'd recommend that you take a look at www.communitycare.co.uk for up-to-date social work and social care news. Their forums are very helpful. Most unis seem to ask about anti-discriminatory or anti-oppressive practice in their interviews. Most social work textbooks have some information on this; a particularly good one for interview prep is Neil Thompson's "Anti-Discriminatory Practice" as it's quite short and straightforward. Anything from the "Learning Matters" series will also give a decent overview of different social work topics.

Good luck!! :smile:
Make sure that you can reflect on your work experience and show what you got out of it and how it relates to a career in social work.
Read up on current issues on Community Care and have a look on www.gscc.org.uk for the Codes of Conduct.
Remember that during the interview they will be looking at your communication skills, so try to relax as much as possible :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending