Turn on thread page Beta

Idiot seeks help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am a very stupid person, and I need someone to tell me what I should be doing right now.

I have an AAA offer from Oxford, which is my firm, and a BBC offer from Bristol, which is my insurance, both for Oct 2005 entry. My exam results are published on August 9th (eek - 5 days!).

The only thing is I haven't filled out any fees or student loans forms yet. In fact I haven't filled out a single uni-related form since I sent away my UCAS form in October!

I will be eligible to pay the full tuition fee, but according to Oxford unless I fill out the form anyway I'll be liable to pay a further college fee, which usually only applies to non-EU students.

I haven't completed any accommodation forms or anything like that.

Does anyone know if I should be filling out any forms just now, or if I ahould have already. No-one mentioned anything at school, but I wasn't there that much towards the end, but some of my friends with unconditional offers have already received their student loan, apparently!!

I looked on the SAAS (Student Awards Agency for Scotland, the equiv of our LEA, i think) website, and couldn't deduce anything from that.

If anyone could give me any advice, or an outline of what forms need(ed?) fill out when, then that would be incredibly helpful.

Sorry if these answers are somewhere else, I looked all over the forum and couldn't see any particular answer.

Anyway, thanks very much, and god luck with the results, guys!

WhatFreshHell?

ReputationRep:
    Fill in your LEA forms, NOW and send them off - otherwise you'll have to pay full whack fees (like about £10000).

If they've sent you stuff about accommodation, logically you should also send that off. They'll be allocating it as soon as results are out.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, Helenia.

Is there a cut off date for these forms? I can't see it any where on the web site but then TSR is about the limit of my computer literacy

ReputationRep:
    You should send the LEA forms for the student loan straight away. You can apply for it at anytime, but I think the deadline for guaranteed receiving your loan on the first day of term was back in June, so there's no guarantee you'll get it on time. You will get it eventually though.

www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk will have more information about it.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.