Favourite Parisian Attraction... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bourdu)
Do you study in Paris ? Do you live in Paris intra-muros ? i yes, how much do you pay for your rent ?
Ive never lived outside of 75 and the cheapest room I had was €350 in an apartment with other students...How many studios could you get in central London for around 200 pounds a month?
Stevog
Report 13 years ago
Salut!

I've lived in Paris for four months and a simple, but great thing to do is to buy a bottle of wine on just sit down at the Seine and relax. Another good place, though very touristic, is Montmartre and Sacre-Coeur, especially the steps in front of it. You can't watch a better sunset.

There is also a long "Canal", but i forgot the name. Same thing: get a bottle of wine and enjoy the "savoir-vivre".

I think the best place to shop, if you look for H+M, Zara and the rest, is Rue de Rivoli - in the centre, you can't miss it.

And remeber the sea is just one and half hours away (Trouville-Deauville - direct train) if you need a day to relax from all Parisian impressesions.

Looking forward to my year abroad - Paris is definitely my numer one at the moment!

Hopefully I could help you.
Enjoy Paris!
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I tell you a good idea if you want to get a good view of Paris but without going up the eiffel tower/paying anything.......head to the Arab Institute - the museum is quite long and can be quite dry but you can just go straight to the top without having to pay or go in the museum - stand on the roof bit outside and it gives you an amazing view of Paris
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
I'm off to Paris soon, and was wondering what sights are the best to take in on a whistle stop tour.

What are you're fave Parisian attractions and why?
Well I know everyone has mentioned the art galleries, the main landmarks and, with all respect to them, pretty much everything else you could find in a tourist guide, so any advice I could give you would depend on your interest in Paris itself aswell as your broader interests. If youre interested in Paris as a city, why spend it indoors looking at art? I personally find Oberkampf, République or Ménilmontant more intriguing than spending 2 hours queing up at the Louvre with every other American and Brit.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I loved Versailles. Utterly unnecessary and wonderfully gratuitous, but somehow it gave it an indulgent charm. Considering I've been there twice, I can remember very little I saw there. Typical places, plus some very nice random walks around the city, which is always the best way, IMHO.
Weejimmie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
Overated IMO, as it is more a tourist attraction than anything else, situated in the most tourist-ridden part of Paris.(C-E and E-T excluded)
Haven't been for years, but it used to have books which were long out-of-print going at the original price.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
Ive never lived outside of 75 and the cheapest room I had was €350 in an apartment with other students...How many studios could you get in central London for around 200 pounds a month?
Ummm 200 pounds isn't quite 350 euros. It's barely even 300 euros. But yes, Paris is cheaper but then there's the huge drawback of Paris being full of French people.
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Commander V)
What about Disney Land?
Definitely not. Unless that is waiting in queue for an hour for a 2 minute ride is your sort of thing. It's generally poorly organised imo.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the best attraction in Paris is the gay club, le Queen but don't be tempted by the Bains-Douche. When I went there it was absolutely ****. Apart from having photos to prove that J-Lo, the place has a nice decor and no atmosphere.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The airport at number 1
The Channel Tunnel at Number 2
shay904
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm probably going to repeat a lot of what has allready been said... but......
i love paris!! my cousin lives there.
arc de triomphe in my opinion has a bit of a better view than the eiffel tower just cos its lower so you can actually make things out... its nice at night (as is the eiffel tower when lit up).
definately agree that montmartre is great... if you're into art at all, there's a dali museum there which is quite good.
oh somewhere in the latin quarter there's a really nice church... i think its called st. etienne...
centre pompidou is probably worth a look at...
oh and the catacombes... but check that theyre open cos i've been a couple of times when theyre closed.
a boat down the river seine....
oh and of course... starbucks (how cultured!! :rolleyes: )
paris overall is really nice so its hard to go wrong.
ns87
Report 13 years ago
My most favorite place in Paris is Quartier Latin. I have OD-ed on all the tourist attractions.
And during summer, Paris Plage, where I can play sports, meet French people and burn off the food.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads