Turn on thread page Beta

how to write a cheque watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey,

just a really quick question for a quick answer: how do you write a cheque? this is my first time. This is what I wrote:

NAME (of person)
    =XXX POUNDS=
    =ONLY=

what i am confused about is the "=" bit. I placed it in four places as shown. is that ok?

thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicgate)
    what i am confused about is the "=" bit. I placed it in four places as shown. is that ok?
    I think ur only supposed to put those bits after u hav written however much the cheque is for

ReputationRep:
    Just incase...your also meant to write it as:
    eighty nine pounds 67 pence only ===
    just to improve the clarity.etc.
    if you really want to see how one is written send me a blank cheque, i'll cash it and you can request it be returned with your statement

ReputationRep:
    urg. but how about when you go to the line, i mean som1 could add something? but yeah i guess ur right

ReputationRep:
    It would be quite difficult, because on the line on the left hand side, you write the ammount in words, eg. SIXTY FIVE POUNDS AND THIRTY PENCE ONLY ==.

And then in the box on the bottom right hand side, you write it in numbers, eg. 65.30 =.

I usually cross sevens and zeros to avoid confuusion...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.moneymatterstome.co.uk/In...tingCheque.htm

look at this. You have to click on the boxes at the bottom, and a pen will write it in the cheque

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to verify that your chequebook is crossed.

ReputationRep:
    what does that mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicgate)
    what does that mean
    It means cheques you write can only be paid into the account of the person named on them, signified by a couple of vertical lines and/or something to the effect of "a/c payee only". I've never seen a cheque that wasn't like that though.

ReputationRep:
    When writing the amount on the 2nd and 3rd lines, start as leftmost as possible and make sure that you put a line through ANY unused space on these lines (and also in the numeric amount box too) because otherwise someone could just write in a larger amount in the free space. :eek: Writing through any written lines would cause the bank to go... hang on a minute, and they'd ask you to verify the amount on the cheque and obviously if it didn't tally up with what you put on the counterfoil, you'd reject it.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.