50th birthday party Watch

This discussion is closed.
kokopops
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ok, wasnt sure where to put this thread so sorry if i got it wrong ...
im helping my mum plan a 50th birthday party for her friend ... it will be in a chinese restaurant - with about 30women present! it needs to be different -
i need ideas for a theme, how i can sort of decorate the table to make it look different and unique (but pretty) and also need some ideas on what we can give the guests ...
any ideas?!
i will rep ... ! please help me!
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if its all women you could always hit the stripper button...you would have to check with the restaurant before that though...
I find oldies always react well to a bit of a boogie.etc., but i bet you dont want to see that either, so maybe go for some sort of theme, e.g. prom night.etc. - youthful schooly stuff so they will get pished and remeniss...
What do you mean what you can give them tho? like party bags?
kokopops
Rep:
?
(Original post by bikerx23)
if its all women you could always hit the stripper button...you would have to check with the restaurant before that though...
I find oldies always react well to a bit of a boogie.etc., but i bet you dont want to see that either, so maybe go for some sort of theme, e.g. prom night.etc. - youthful schooly stuff so they will get pished and remeniss...
What do you mean what you can give them tho? like party bags?
kinda like party bags ... ! sorta ... mum's been to loads of parties like this, and theyve given stuff like dried up mascara and mirrors ... want to give something tasteful but useful...
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmm...if theres some sorta cheap craft shop near you, they always sell some good stuff there that people would like...maybe you could get them all the same necklace or something...like a commemorative token...
Ofcourse...a minature in the party bag would go down well to, and how about a fiver for the taxy home no, thas goin a bit far!
Madelyn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pick a colour scheme - something simple tends to work best - and do everything based on that, so the table is decorated in those colours, and the party bags are in the same colours, and so on. You could have the bags sort of like crackers, with party hats and jokes (maybe age-related ones, unless the birthday girl might take offence!) and then a gift or two, like a couple of posh chocolates and a lipstick or something. I think the necklace idea is quite sweet as well.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you see...a proper female perspective there is all that you needed...glad my necklacy thing is sweet tho (all derived from the t-shirts everyone has on our field trips...mainly because your too drunk to remember what happens, so you need a reminder! )
kokopops
Rep:
?
cant do a colour scheme ... theyve been done too much! this is why this is really difficult! these women have nothing better to do than plan and go to parties ... but my mum works so has asked me to plan it all ... since im on hol! the lipstick thing wont work ... its gtta be something totally diff! thanks for the ideas so far ... much appreciated!
Madelyn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Think about what your mum's friend likes, and plan something around that - like one of my friends had a Moulin Rouge party a while ago (that's a bit overdone now, though). If all the women are around the same age, then maybe theme it around when they were young... *does hasty calculations* so have stuff from the 70s, like music, and ask everyone to dress 70s-style.
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How about a 1950's theme, seeing as that was when your mum's friend was born?

So, you could have 1950's style wigs, black and white retro sunglasses, table decorations...need to think more....
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And dodgy 50's music, replace all menus with the "AXA sunlife guarantee" leaflets
Gem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What about a kind of 'This is Your Life' party, complete with red book? See if you can get some of her old friends or work mates, depending on how much time you have of course, and get them to come for a surprise. You could get a red book and fill it with pictures/wedding invitations/children christening cards/all important stuff and get people to sign it with a message. You could also get people to stand up and say their favourite memory of that person? Dunno, its just an idea, might be good
Gem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Actually, seeing as 50th wedding anniversary is the Golden Anniversary, why not decorate everything gold, and give guests, little gold coloured photo frames and a disposable camera (you can get them in pound shops so it won't cost loads!) so they can take some good pics and put it in the frame?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (60)
19.74%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.47%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.79%

Watched Threads