Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    know this has been done for others, but im intereseted seeing as hopefully i'll be there and I know nothing about the place! What's it like etc? I'm hoping it's really lively....?? good at sports..... (esp netball? as i know swimming is a uni sport)? anything else anyone can tell me about it? esp (Jools mite be able to help?) whats it like for geog? eg normal number of essays per week, do they work you extra hard etc?

thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    know this has been done for others, but im intereseted seeing as hopefully i'll be there and I know nothing about the place! What's it like etc? I'm hoping it's really lively....?? good at sports..... (esp netball? as i know swimming is a uni sport)? anything else anyone can tell me about it? esp (Jools mite be able to help?) whats it like for geog? eg normal number of essays per week, do they work you extra hard etc?

thnx
    Again, great. Close to the centre, academically decent without particularly much work.

Sport

ReputationRep:
    It's got connections with Wales, so a lot of Welsh people go there. My dad went there because he's Welsh.

ReputationRep:
    wikd sounds good, so you know roughly what percentage or whatever, get 1sts for geog? - incidently i dont think ill get one after reading some of your bloody AMAZING essays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    It's got connections with Wales, so a lot of Welsh people go there. My dad went there because he's Welsh.
    Yup, with bogsheet (college paper) 'The Sheepshagger'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Yup, with bogsheet (college paper) 'The Sheepshagger'...
    lol yes my dad was genuinely quite shocked when he first saw that "Wouldn't have been allowed in my day"

ReputationRep:
    hummmm gr888888, not a fan of the welsh accent but hey, although I didn't see one welsh person at the interviews lol

ReputationRep:
    inciddently, no offence intended by my last post - 1/2 my family is welsh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    wikd sounds good, so you know roughly what percentage or whatever, get 1sts for geog? - incidently i dont think ill get one after reading some of your bloody AMAZING essays!
    My essays are nothing special, whenever people quote sources a lot of the big words are lifted from the author in question.

Whilst Geog gets a ton of stick for being easy (which in fairness it is here, few get low marks), a very low number get a 1st. But get a 2:1 and you're sorted.

Mods (1st yr exams) we had 15 1sts, 60 2nds (2:1s and 2:2s) and 11 3rds, no fails.

Final exams it was abt 20 1sts, 60 2:1s, 15 2:2s, 2 3rds and 1 unclassified pass.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.