Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Don't you see the double-standard? You're arguing that gay men could control themselves so they should be able to work in the men's c.r., but the whole discussion is founded on the fact that straight men aren't considered trustworthy.
    You are wrong. See SB's post and previous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    Maybe it would be okay for "the gays" to work there if they made a promise not to bum rape any of the men getting changed - I know I find it hard to control myself sometimes. In fact - given how incredibly attractive "the gays"l find every single straight man on the planet - whatever his state of undress - why not have them all make a solemn vow to just stop all the bum raping of straight men right now. You know what "the gays" are like - constantly perving and pinching straight men's arses in the street. The problem is that we don't have an fear of repercussions like, you know, the man resisting or even just possibly getting our faces smashed in.

Well it seems we need to find a way to control their behaviour once and for all - you know what they're like. *TUT* those pesky gays.
    Replace "the gays" with "men", and "men/man" with "women". Same argument, but surely now you see it doesn't work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    I'm sure 'they' don't demand to be treated differently. I think someone's already pointed out that the reason men clean mens changing rooms and women clean womens is that they've seen it all before. It's not for fear of them jumping on the people changing when their backs are turned. So the standards are the same for everyone. There IS equality. Sorry
    The staff aren't patrolling different changing rooms because they know about their own bodies (what difference would that make? :confused: ), it's for the comfort and security of the patrons, particularly the women, and to make lawsuits less likely--it is about cocks, pussies, tits and arses, but not in the way you think. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Replace "the gays" with "men", and "men/man" with "women". Same argument, but surely now you see it doesn't work?
    NOT the same argument gays and staright men are different, men and women are different, surely YOU see that?

ReputationRep:
    The staff aren't patrolling different changing rooms because they know about their own bodies (what difference would that make? :confused: ), it's for the comfort and security of the patrons, particularly the women, and to make lawsuits less likely--it is about cocks, pussies, tits and arses, but not in the way you think. Sorry.
    Not true I'm afraid. I'd rather a woman saw my body because, to use a cliche, "we're all girls together". Sexuality doesn't come into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    NOT the same argument gays and staright men are different, men and women are different, surely YOU see that?
    Was there even any point in saying that? Of course "men and women are different", but I don't see how that makes the argument any less valid? Unless you seriously think straight men find "every single women on the planet incredibly attractive" and go around raping them?

ReputationRep:
    Of course I dont - I was making just that point - that it's ridiculous to suggest that about any group, it just so happened that I was defending gay men. Perhaps you missed something, or maybe I did I just can't quite see where you're coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    Not true I'm afraid. I'd rather a woman saw my body because, to use a cliche, "we're all girls together". Sexuality doesn't come into it.
    And the way gyms and pools manage their staff was designed to suit you... :rolleyes:

They have a wider view, and it's primarily about minimising opportunities for discomfort, impropriety and abuse. Sexual factors are to the fore.

ReputationRep:
    And the way gyms and pools manage their staff was designed to suit you... :rolleyes:

They have a wider view, and it's primarily about minimising opportunities for discomfort, impropriety and abuse. Sexual factors are to the fore.
    Oh, of course... I'm the centre of the universe, didn't you know?

Yes, discomfort and impropriety are still minimised without any reference to sexuality. Abuse? In what way, were you thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    Oh, of course... I'm the centre of the universe, didn't you know?

Yes, discomfort and impropriety are still minimised without any reference to sexuality. Abuse? In what way, were you thinking?
    Lesbians tend to either be normal looking or all butched up masculine. Which type are you SB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Watcher)
    Lesbians tend to either be normal looking or all butched up masculine. Which type are you SB?
    I'm bi, actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    I'm bi, actually
    Ohhhhh every red blooded male's dream

ReputationRep:
    IMO they should just have mixed sex changing rooms with individual cubicles. At least then you can get changed in privacy and there no gender/sexuality issues.

ReputationRep:
    I ask all you straight men - Do you fancy every female you see ???????
    So why do people think 'gays' fancy every single male ?????

crazy

TKR - nice one, feel proud of you x

(Original post by The Watcher)
    normal looking or butch looking.
    doesn't that cover just about every woman?
    -feminine in appearance or not feminine in appearance.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As if you would get changed infront of everyone in the changing room anyway. Why do people do that? Still, if everyone got changed in the toilet cubicles, they would still want people of their gender cleaning the room, unless no one was there, so they wouldn't know who cleaned it.

ReputationRep:
    when did my question refer to butt rape? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onaed)
    I ask all you straight men - Do you fancy every female you see ???????
    So why do people think 'gays' fancy every single male ?????
    They don't, but in terms of justification it's rather irrelevant to the argument anyway. On the same basis, men should be allowed to use the women's changing room if they say they don't fancy any of them!

ReputationRep:
    Also, often sexual orientation is not 100% straight or 100% gay. Even if a man is 80% gay, do you entrust them to work with naked women? How to you measure? -People will just lie! You could have a gay man who wants to 'experiment' on a woman to negate their sexuality- and take advantage of someone in a changing room. :eek:

Hmmmm, well I'd prefer to be raped by a woman than a man,- I couldn't get pregnant from a woman :rolleyes: So that means I don't want 'gay' men in female changing rooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Also, often sexual orientation is not 100% straight or 100% gay.
    That's a theory, and a very flawed one at that

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.