The Student Room Group

"If a key can open many locks, it's a Master Key...

Poll

Is this a valid analogy?

but if a lock is opened by many keys, it's a crap lock"

This analogy comes up all the time on TSR and I'm just wondering if people think it is a good or bad metaphor? Can we sort this out once and for all rather than having it debated on every thread about female promiscuity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
SpamBa
but if a key is opened by many locks, it's a crap lock"

This analogy comes up all the time on TSR and I'm just wondering if people think it is a good or bad metaphor? Can we sort this out once and for all rather than having it debated on every thread about female promiscuity?

ARRANGEMENT OF WORDS FAIL
Reply 2
mikeyz54
do you mean:
but if a lock is opened by many keys, it's a crap lock?

It's a funny analogy, I don't necessarily agree with it though lol

Edited, cheers.

It's late :colonhash:
Reply 3
yeh, if it was written right i would agree that its a good analogy of the view it is portraying - whether i necessarily agree with that view is another matter entierly... :yep:
Reply 4
I don't think anyone means it seriously, it's quite clearly illogical. But still it is rather funny.

Now get off TSR and get back in the kitchen.
zdo0o
It's called a joke you absolute cretin.

Its only the internet, fag.

:rolleyes:
Voted yes because the first time I saw this I promptly pissed myself laughing, then said it to one of those "women" creatures, who took great offense to it yet couldn't think of a comeback.

It was a rare moment of pure win. :awesome:
Reply 7
It's stupid, and it was funny at first but now cretins keep repeating it mindlessly whilst thinking they're great comedians. Rather like that Mr Garrison line about not trusting anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die. Great at first.
Reply 8
Nah, sex is fun. For everyone.
Bit of a rubbish analogy to be honest. Just because a lock can be opened by many keys, doesn't mean it's crap - all it means is that it was designed to be opened by many keys. :confused:
FormerlyHistoryStudent
Bit of a rubbish analogy to be honest. Just because a lock can be opened by many keys, doesn't mean it's crap - all it means is that it was designed to be opened by many keys. :confused:

That defeats the purpose of a lock in most cases though.

Personally, I think its kinda funny.

But the phrase has been used so many times today on TSR its not funny any longer.
Johnthebaptist1
That defeats the purpose of a lock in most cases though.

It could be many copies of the same key...
It was never funny, and if someone's using it seriously they are both hateful and stupid, because as an analogy it does not make sense.
Yeah, it's funny. If you're a teenage, virgin boy.
It was quite funny at first, but it's overused; I hear it quite a lot in real life, and it's always akopinied by a smug smile that makes me want to smack its bearer round the face with a stack of feminist literatur. :colone:

I'm sure there's a grate comeback out there. What about.. "If a hotdog passes through many hands, you wouldn't think any less of the hands, but you wouldn't eat the hotdog cos you'd think 'oh! that's probably filthy!'" Something really catchy an' cutting like that.
Reply 15
kopi, ffs
It was quite funny at first, but it's overused; I hear it quite a lot in real life, and it's always akopinied by a smug smile that makes me want to smack its bearer round the face with a stack of feminist literatur. :colone:

I'm sure there's a grate comeback out there. What about.. "If a hotdog passes through many hands, you wouldn't think any less of the hands, but you wouldn't eat the hotdog cos you'd think 'oh! that's probably filthy!'" Something really catchy an' cutting like that.

Not really.
That didn't even make sense...
mikeyz54
if a key opens many locks, it's a master key

BUT

A promiscuous male is as much of a cock as a promiscuous female.

this.
If there was a lock that could be opened by say only 5 different keys, that'd be kinda complex to design right.

I don't know a thing about key/lock design. But I imagine that multiple unique keys being able to open a lock... but only those select keys, would be a pretty complex and amazing design.

That being said, its slightly amusing in a "heh" kind of way.
kopi, ffs

But hot dogs aren't meant to touch hands in the first place!
Delta Usafa
But hot dogs aren't meant to touch hands in the first place!

I don't even want to get into the question of whether iss okay to pass hotdogs without a napkin. And sometimes the napkin breaks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending