Turn on thread page Beta

Fireworks Competition watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On 16th and 17th of Aug there is gonna be a huge fireworks display competition launching from the mountbattern breakwater in Plymouth. We have one of these every year, and they're always spectacular, with huge displays from about 6 different teams each night. But i've always kinda wondered why exactly we get these. It's called a competition, and so i've always assumed that the many differnent displays are put on by rival companies or something, but i've never actually heard of a fireworks display league or anything. Never known who's won, either, come to that. Does anywhere else host a competition like this? Is it a regular, national thing, or just peculiar to plymouth? I think some of the teams come from abroad, so it this some kind of worldwide super-tournament?? Well, whatever, i look forward to going, seeing as it's free, and like i said really really impressive. Anyone close enough to plymouth to go, do so. I think they normally start at about 10, but the whole city comes up to the Ho to watch, so to find a patch of grass to sit on, let alone parking, you gotta get here early. Of course the best place is out on the water, but we don;t have a boat big enough to get 'round the mewstone any more

ReputationRep:
    Erm, to be honest I've never heard of a fireworks competition but it sounds fun

ReputationRep:
    I have. I burnt my hand on a sparlker and had to withdraw:rolleyes:

I havent really

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is just a random one-off for plymouth then. Whatever, it means i get to watch just about the biggest best display ever, for free

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.