Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    We had Pete Waterman = English
    US had Simon Cowell = English
    German had that woman = English
    Australia had that bloke = English.

I think we already had a bit of an advantage.
    Yes we did But the Canadian Show probably wouldn't have shown all these people judging, it would focus on the comments by the Canadian Judge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TINNEY)
    WILL YOUNG WERE THE BEST, I MEAN THEY R WORLD STARS ANYWAY...........

BLATANTLY OBVIOUS........
    Will Young has only had success in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Will Young has only had success in the UK.
    BUT THE REST WERE USELESS ANYWAY, KELLY CLARKSON AND WILL YOUNG WERE CLEARLY THE EBST SINGERS, THE OTHERS WERE TERRIBLE, BARRING THE NORWEGIAN GUY AND POSSIBLY THE AUSSIE IF WE R BEING LENIANT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TINNEY)
    BUT THE REST WERE USELESS ANYWAY, KELLY CLARKSON AND WILL YOUNG WERE CLEARLY THE EBST SINGERS, THE OTHERS WERE TERRIBLE, BARRING THE NORWEGIAN GUY AND POSSIBLY THE AUSSIE IF WE R BEING LENIANT.
    Peter was great. I didn't think Will Young was really great that night, nor Kelly but we know the standard they are up to

ReputationRep:
    We had Pete Waterman = English
    US had Simon Cowell = English
    German had that woman = English
    Australia had that bloke = English.

I think we already had a bit of an advantage.
    Did "that woman" actually do the judging on German pop idol? I know Cowell does American Idol.

And I didn't watch World Idol, but it would be edited differently for different countries, of course, like Eurovision is (but on Eurovision they have those presenters who must speak just about every European language at once, and someone like Terry Wogan in the background).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Did "that woman" actually do the judging on German pop idol? I know Cowell does American Idol.

And I didn't watch World Idol, but it would be edited differently for different countries, of course, like Eurovision is (but on Eurovision they have those presenters who must speak just about every European language at once, and someone like Terry Wogan in the background).
    Yes, she was one of their judges.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Dicko was pretty cool. Since Simon Cowell wont be doing Pop Idol 3, I wonder whether they'll bring him on?

ReputationRep:
    The repeat just finished..
    after watching it again i think that kelly, will and kurt were the best. I thought the canadian guy was good as well as the australian. I think it will be a tough competition between kelly and will.
    But with all the nations taking part, im worried it may be affected by politics. Also bias towards Will may turn out to have a negative affect. Whether he's world idol or not, he doesn't appear to mind and nor do I, he's so talented and that's recognised.

ReputationRep:
    That guy from Norway was sooooooo sweet!!!

But Kelly should win it, i reckon. she's brilliant.

That canadian guy looked like somebody's dad doing kareoke... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Kelly Clarkson - she's too 'frilly' like Pete Waterman said. I think the South African guy had a nice voice, but he didn't really have much to him on stage. Will Young should win - though i don't think he would be bothered if he didn't - i heard an interview with him on the radio a few weeks back and they asked him about world idol, and he said he didn't know much about it, other than he had to sing on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    thats true, will young was the best
    WILL YOUNG? THE BEST? i'm glad I didn't watch it now.

ReputationRep:
    the polish judge was their version of simon cowell. im sure simon has said worse things than him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    the polish judge was their version of simon cowell. im sure simon has said worse things than him
    He was trying to be their version of Cowell, but wasn't as good.

ReputationRep:
    He was trying to be their version of Cowell, but wasn't as good.
    maybe that's because he cant speak english that well. if he was speaking in polish he would be like cowell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    maybe that's because he cant speak english that well. if he was speaking in polish he would be like cowell
    I think he had a computer translator in front of him. He was so strange, you just had to laugh at him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Cowell is harsh but truthfull. The Polish guy was just being needlessly insulting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    What do you feel about beagle?

ReputationRep:
    anyone who actually spent their christmas watching World Idol is moronic. not to mention the fact they chose World Idol over 'Amelie'. what is wrong with you people.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    anyone how actually spent their christmas watching World Idol is moronic. not to mention the fact they chose those World Idol over 'Amelie'. what is wrong with you people.
    Yes, I taped Amelie, cause I was watching Delboy and co. It was a dissapointment this year, it was so funny last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty)
    The repeat just finished..
    after watching it again i think that kelly, will and kurt were the best. I thought the canadian guy was good as well as the australian. I think it will be a tough competition between kelly and will.
    But with all the nations taking part, im worried it may be affected by politics. Also bias towards Will may turn out to have a negative affect. Whether he's world idol or not, he doesn't appear to mind and nor do I, he's so talented and that's recognised.
    I've never EVEN HEARD of will young!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.