Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
We had Pete Waterman = English
US had Simon Cowell = English
German had that woman = English
Australia had that bloke = English.

I think we already had a bit of an advantage.
Yes we did But the Canadian Show probably wouldn't have shown all these people judging, it would focus on the comments by the Canadian Judge.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TINNEY)
WILL YOUNG WERE THE BEST, I MEAN THEY R WORLD STARS ANYWAY...........

BLATANTLY OBVIOUS........
Will Young has only had success in the UK.
TINNEY
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Will Young has only had success in the UK.
BUT THE REST WERE USELESS ANYWAY, KELLY CLARKSON AND WILL YOUNG WERE CLEARLY THE EBST SINGERS, THE OTHERS WERE TERRIBLE, BARRING THE NORWEGIAN GUY AND POSSIBLY THE AUSSIE IF WE R BEING LENIANT.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TINNEY)
BUT THE REST WERE USELESS ANYWAY, KELLY CLARKSON AND WILL YOUNG WERE CLEARLY THE EBST SINGERS, THE OTHERS WERE TERRIBLE, BARRING THE NORWEGIAN GUY AND POSSIBLY THE AUSSIE IF WE R BEING LENIANT.
Peter was great. I didn't think Will Young was really great that night, nor Kelly but we know the standard they are up to
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We had Pete Waterman = English
US had Simon Cowell = English
German had that woman = English
Australia had that bloke = English.

I think we already had a bit of an advantage.
Did "that woman" actually do the judging on German pop idol? I know Cowell does American Idol.

And I didn't watch World Idol, but it would be edited differently for different countries, of course, like Eurovision is (but on Eurovision they have those presenters who must speak just about every European language at once, and someone like Terry Wogan in the background).
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Did "that woman" actually do the judging on German pop idol? I know Cowell does American Idol.

And I didn't watch World Idol, but it would be edited differently for different countries, of course, like Eurovision is (but on Eurovision they have those presenters who must speak just about every European language at once, and someone like Terry Wogan in the background).
Yes, she was one of their judges.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I thought Dicko was pretty cool. Since Simon Cowell wont be doing Pop Idol 3, I wonder whether they'll bring him on?
misty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
The repeat just finished..
after watching it again i think that kelly, will and kurt were the best. I thought the canadian guy was good as well as the australian. I think it will be a tough competition between kelly and will.
But with all the nations taking part, im worried it may be affected by politics. Also bias towards Will may turn out to have a negative affect. Whether he's world idol or not, he doesn't appear to mind and nor do I, he's so talented and that's recognised.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That guy from Norway was sooooooo sweet!!!

But Kelly should win it, i reckon. she's brilliant.

That canadian guy looked like somebody's dad doing kareoke... :rolleyes:
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't like Kelly Clarkson - she's too 'frilly' like Pete Waterman said. I think the South African guy had a nice voice, but he didn't really have much to him on stage. Will Young should win - though i don't think he would be bothered if he didn't - i heard an interview with him on the radio a few weeks back and they asked him about world idol, and he said he didn't know much about it, other than he had to sing on it!
ilovecjs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sassy_j)
thats true, will young was the best
WILL YOUNG? THE BEST? i'm glad I didn't watch it now.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the polish judge was their version of simon cowell. im sure simon has said worse things than him
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
the polish judge was their version of simon cowell. im sure simon has said worse things than him
He was trying to be their version of Cowell, but wasn't as good.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He was trying to be their version of Cowell, but wasn't as good.
maybe that's because he cant speak english that well. if he was speaking in polish he would be like cowell
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
maybe that's because he cant speak english that well. if he was speaking in polish he would be like cowell
I think he had a computer translator in front of him. He was so strange, you just had to laugh at him.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Cowell is harsh but truthfull. The Polish guy was just being needlessly insulting.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
What do you feel about beagle?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
anyone who actually spent their christmas watching World Idol is moronic. not to mention the fact they chose World Idol over 'Amelie'. what is wrong with you people.?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
anyone how actually spent their christmas watching World Idol is moronic. not to mention the fact they chose those World Idol over 'Amelie'. what is wrong with you people.
Yes, I taped Amelie, cause I was watching Delboy and co. It was a dissapointment this year, it was so funny last year...
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by misty)
The repeat just finished..
after watching it again i think that kelly, will and kurt were the best. I thought the canadian guy was good as well as the australian. I think it will be a tough competition between kelly and will.
But with all the nations taking part, im worried it may be affected by politics. Also bias towards Will may turn out to have a negative affect. Whether he's world idol or not, he doesn't appear to mind and nor do I, he's so talented and that's recognised.
I've never EVEN HEARD of will young!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.6%
Confident (17)
9.77%
Indifferent (17)
9.77%
Unsure (40)
22.99%
Worried (92)
52.87%

Watched Threads