Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Help please- I need a conformity questionnaire. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I'm doing a 1st year uni research project & I need to find a questionnaire which measures people's conformity levels.
    I have tried searching, but had no luck, and was wondering if anyone could help me out, maybe if you've used something before?
    Thanks
    +rep goes to whoever sends me one first, of course x

ReputationRep:
    Erm, well there are loads of studies done on conformity, maybe you could look at them and devise something yourself?

ReputationRep:
    This is only an A level suggestion, but what we did once was show particpants a picture of a woman or man and ask them to write down how old they thought he/she was, on a piece of paper. One group are shown a picture and write on a blank piece of paper, and the other group is given a piece of paper with 'other participants' suggestions. Supposedly, those with a higher level of conformity write an age similar to what is on the rest of the page.
    Hope this helps in some way!

ReputationRep:
    We've been told to use one that's already out there. That gives it validity whereas one we make ourselves might be flawed.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure these are what you are looking for, but just take a look...

http://www.gotoquiz.com/do_you_conform

http://www.quiztron.com/tests/is_con...quiz_46314.htm

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/test...qid=28652&kq=6

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/1ZL85ts/...-just-not-care

http://apps.facebook.com/quizcreate/...ithin-society/

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear..

I think OP is looking for an academic questionnaire that has been reliability and validity tested and subsequently been used in research.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll really struggle to find an academic questionnaire that has been published. I've just been creating a questionnaire for my third year dissertation (sciences though), and it takes a LOT to validate it, and mine is still incredibly flawed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Oh dear..

I think OP is looking for an academic questionnaire that has been reliability and validity tested and subsequently been used in research.
    Yeah I know, but I couldn't find anything apart from these so I just thought I'd post them anyway :p: Also hence why I did say that they probably aren't what they were looking for...

ReputationRep:
    OP, try the Concern For Appropriateness Scale (Lennox & Wolfe, 1984).

or the Conformity Vignettes (Brendt, 1979).

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone I have eventually found one (which I can link you to if you'd like to see it) but it took me AGES to find!

ReputationRep:
    hi gemma, i am now doing a research project and i myself need a conformity questionnaire. i am a little pressed for time, as my group and i only decided to add the conformity questionnaire in last minute. i actually need it by tomorrow lol and well i know this is extremely short notice but can you pass it on to me asap please.thanks so much for your help, greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm doing a research on conformity and i also need a conformity questionnaire.. do you mind if you send me one as soon as possible please.... i really appreciate it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Thank you everyone I have eventually found one (which I can link you to if you'd like to see it) but it took me AGES to find!
    Hi. i am looking for a conformity questionnaire and am loosing my mind trying to find one. would you mind letting me know which one you used? i know this was a while back that you were looking for one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    OP, try the Concern For Appropriateness Scale (Lennox & Wolfe, 1984).

or the Conformity Vignettes (Brendt, 1979).
    Hey sorry this is over a year late but thanks for your help all that time ago with this.

And apologies to everyone who asked me for the link to the one I used, as I'm now on a different computer and have no way to find it again (and not organised enough to have saved a copy of it).

I hope your research all goes well to those who are doing similar things to what I did two years back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    can you please sne dme the link?
    I will appreciate that very much!
    I also need that kind of conformity questionnaire, and I happend to find your post.
    can you help please?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently doing my EPQ my question is "why do we socially conform?" I thought maybe using a questionnaire could really make my essay so much more interesting to corroborte with research. Any suggestions please?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

can someone please give me a website wherein they have free validated questionnaires regarding conformity?

• I'm loosing my mind trying to find one...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

can someone please give me a website wherein they have free validated questionnaires regarding conformity?

• I'm loosing my mind trying to find one...

Thanks

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.