Turn on thread page Beta

New example of Anti-White America [double standards are racist!] watch

Announcements

(Original post by JonD)
    The Nation of Islam. I've heard they're more moderate now, but so too are many of their white equivelants.
    moderate my ass. They are real scum wads.
    Actually now i think of it they are no different to any cult. they target celebs (in this case invariably black) who are vulnerable (often because they have beena ccussed of a crime) and then fleece them for publicity.

ReputationRep:
    I note that none of you refuted my argument about the past US government being racist and actually oppressing minorities as late as the 1970s eh JON. Exactly. So I think having black pride is definitely different circumstantially from having white pride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    I note that none of you refuted my argument about the past US government being racist and actually oppressing minorities as late as the 1970s eh JON. Exactly. So I think having black pride is definitely different circumstantially from having white pride.
    So you think any group that is oppressed should be proud of its skin color?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    So you think any group that is oppressed should be proud of its skin color?
    Skin color no, ethnicity yes.

(If white people stayed out in the sun, they'd practically be black.)

But I think oppressed people should be able to redeem themselves and thus be proud of their ethnicity. Their oppressors look down on them and everyone else depises them; if they aren't proud, then they would let themselves be psychologically oppressed, not just physically.

It's a form of survival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    The problems is that most of this national or racial identity feelings are used by white racist associations...and that's why they are seen as racist...In a literal sense it might be wrong but you can't take everythign literally nowadays...
    Well, you have to question why they are racist.

Most sucessful political movements don't want to have anything to do with irrationality, hate, violence and many of the things that groups like the BNP are associated with. This is because these sucessful parties are usually run by smart/educated people who don't like such things. If the ideas that party uses -in this case concepts of race or nation or both- are regarded as inviting those bad practices by nature, those smart/educated people are going to steer well clear. If that happened to black identity politics, they'd probably still be slaves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    moderate my ass. They are real scum wads.
    Actually now i think of it they are no different to any cult. they target celebs (in this case invariably black) who are vulnerable (often because they have beena ccussed of a crime) and then fleece them for publicity.
    Heh, well I think they've renounced the old theory that Jews and Anglo-Saxons were demons accidentally created by Mohammed in an experiment gone wrong, so they're getting somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Skin color no, ethnicity yes.

(If white people stayed out in the sun, they'd practically be black.)

But I think oppressed people should be able to redeem themselves and thus be proud of their ethnicity. Their oppressors look down on them and everyone else depises them; if they aren't proud, then they would let themselves be psychologically oppressed, not just physically.

It's a form of survival.
    Are you claiming that blacks are only one ethnicity? Because last time I checked, the blacks in the US are descended from just about every ethnicity in Africa. If blacks are one ethnicity, then so are whites.

ReputationRep:
    Are you claiming that blacks are only one ethnicity? Because last time I checked, the blacks in the US are descended from just about every ethnicity in Africa. If blacks are one ethnicity, then so are whites.
    Well in America, whites are just European mutts, so it's really hard to have a purely English group for example, unless people cut out 20% of themselves.

Blacks in the US descended from many African ethnicities and from many WHITE American landowners who raped/had affairs with their slaves. Thus, blacks are very mixed.

Firstly, I want to point out that the Caucasians created the whole notion about making blacks one ethnicity/identity. By enslaving all who looked black or had ANY little fraction of black in them-- (even children who are mostly white, for example, 1/8 black were still "black" by American slavery standards and thus enslaved--octaroons)--the whites themselves made "black" one identity.

Thus by using "black pride" or "black power" the minority groups are simply using what whites already identified for them as a way to fight back against the oppression.

Blacks themselves didn't set that rule of blacks being one ethnicity. The whites did; like i said before, they are simply fighting back against that method of oppression, an oppression delineated by having "any black in your blood"/ black=identity.

The Africans in America had to adopt this notion that black= one ethnicity despite their different African identities because of slavery, oppression, and what the whites had instilled in American society.

ReputationRep:
    Well in America, whites are just European mutts, so it's really hard to have a purely English group for example, unless people cut out 20% of themselves.

Blacks in the US descended from many African ethnicities and from many WHITE American landowners who raped/had affairs with their slaves. Thus, blacks are very mixed.
    If blacks are descended from many African ethnicities and can thus have black pride, and the whites descended from many white ethnicities, doesn't it follow that whites should have white pride (using your logic, not my own)?

Firstly, I want to point out that the Caucasians created the whole notion about making blacks one ethnicity/identity. By enslaving all who looked black or had ANY little fraction of black in them-- (even children who are mostly white, for example, 1/8 black were still "black" by American slavery standards and thus enslaved--octaroons)--the whites themselves made "black" one identity.

Thus by using "black pride" or "black power" the minority groups are simply using what whites already identified for them as a way to fight back against the oppression.

Blacks themselves didn't set that rule of blacks being one ethnicity. The whites did; like i said before, they are simply fighting back against that method of oppression, an oppression delineated by having "any black in your blood"/ black=identity.

The Africans in America had to adopt this notion that black= one ethnicity despite their different African identities because of slavery, oppression, and what the whites had instilled in American society.
    Why did I expect someone from Berkeley to say that? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slypie)
    As for the "Black Pride" business..what group was it called? Because sure it probably did/does exist, but I certainly am not familiar with it
    http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/black_panther_party.asp

ReputationRep:
    i am disgusted that LC01 has been banned for displaying a white pride world wide logo on his profile -cus allegedly its racist,not just america its happening on the forum

ReputationRep:
    If blacks are descended from many African ethnicities and can thus have black pride, and the whites descended from many white ethnicities, doesn't it follow that whites should have white pride (using your logic, not my own)?

Why did I expect someone from Berkeley to say that? :rolleyes:
    Ok, I already argued that first point you made, as with HISTORICAL ASSOCIATIONS meaning white pride is usually associated with a racist US government for example, KKK, Aryan Union. Black pride is associated with regaining an identity and redemption. Ugh, I'm sick of reiterating things for people who don't read all of my arguments.

And sorry I'm at Berkeley, where we don't teach white superiority.

ReputationRep:
    well if the nf were the only ones using the british flag wouldnt patriotism be in their hands
    lc01 used awihte pride symbol one that people of all white pride persuasiations use-yet he got banned-its now offically not allowed to be proud to be white-not on this forum anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I already argued that first point you made, as with HISTORICAL ASSOCIATIONS meaning white pride is usually associated with a racist US government for example, KKK, Aryan Union. Black pride is associated with regaining an identity and redemption. Ugh, I'm sick of reiterating things for people who don't read all of my arguments.
    Black pride is also associated with the Black Panthers and Malcolm X, groups that preached hatred and violence towards whites. Why shouldn't black pride be condemned on the same grounds as white pride?

And sorry I'm at Berkeley, where we don't teach white superiority.
    More like blaming the white man for every problem under the sun and forgiving any minority for any mistakes they might have made because they were oppressed.

(Original post by LIBERTY FOR ALL)
    http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/black_panther_party.asp
    http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/racist_celtic_cross.asp

reason you were banned LC01.
    Note liberty won't be able to reply to this seeing as it is a duplicate account of LC01 that is now banned.

More like blaming the white man for every problem under the sun and forgiving any minority for any mistakes they might have made because they were oppressed.
    i do agree somewhat with this.
    we should all be on an even keel.
    My support of any 'racial pride' only goes as far as them publicly showing/proclaiming equality and that they are not ashamed of who they are, not superiority over other races.

That said, i believe you yourself have at times commented that the Israelis should be given mroe leeway and help because of oppression (heck not oppression - genocide!) they suffered at the hands of the white supremesist nazis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)

Note liberty won't be able to reply to this seeing as it is a duplicate account of LC01 that is now banned.
    Is there a reason he was banned for displaying a racist symbol of white pride, while a certain other member is not banned for having links to white pride websites in his signature (not that I'm advocating his banning)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    i do agree somewhat with this.
    we should all be on an even keel.
    My support of any 'racial pride' only goes as far as them publicly showing/proclaiming equality and that they are not ashamed of who they are, not superiority over other races.
    Can I take it that you condemn black pride as well as white pride since both are based on hatred of other races?

That said, i believe you yourself have at times commented that the Israelis should be given mroe leeway and help because of oppression (heck not oppression - genocide!) they suffered at the hands of the white supremesist nazis.
    When have I ever said this? :confused: I don't recognize morality in international affairs, and certainly don't think any country should be harmed or rewarded for its domestic policies or treatment of its citizens within other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saintjude)
    This is so old.
    Black Pride, for example, is ok because:
    Slavery + institutionalised racism post Civil War = dehumanising, disenfranchising etc. for black Americans. Therefore, Black Pride is both legitimate and necssary.
    slavery doesn't exist anymore, so how are modern day black people affected
    by the events of over 100 years ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)

I have been telling you people plenty of times that LC01 has created multiple accounts in order to prove that the BNP has followers...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.