New example of Anti-White America [double standards are racist!] Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Can I take it that you condemn black pride as well as white pride since both are based on hatred of other races?
if its black pride as in promoting equality and making people proud to be blakc rather than feeling down trodden the entire time then yes i support it. we don't need this boost because we are, frnakly, the top of the social echelon already (having gotten there through years of oppressing other races)

should be noted we aren't the only ones who have done this. look at the indian classes (brahman is it?) with their untouchables in what is basically an oppressive racial/class mechanism.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by esx77)
slavery doesn't exist anymore, so how are modern day black people affected
by the events of over 100 years ago?
well considering they were barely granted access to educational facilites until the 60s it still affects them VERY strongly.

if you'reparents are poorly educated it makes it more likely you will to.
if your entire community is poorly educated then it makes it even more so.

it takes time to write some wrongs. Affirimitive action is admittedly somewhat racist itself. But it aims to speed up the process of writing these wrongs. The day when it is no longer needed - when race no longer determines whether someone suceeds or not, it can be scrapped.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
if its black pride as in promoting equality and making people proud to be blakc rather than feeling down trodden the entire time then yes i support it. we don't need this boost because we are, frnakly, the top of the social echelon already (having gotten there through years of oppressing other races)
Even if they aimed to achieve this equality by killing white people?
SlyPie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Even if they aimed to achieve this equality by killing white people?
When you say killing do you mean defense, deliberate murders, what? Please specify.

Oh, and when people give you a "green" rep..that means good right? Because I swear they were trying to give me a negative one, but gave me green instead.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
When you say killing do you mean defense, deliberate murders, what? Please specify.

Oh, and when people give you a "green" rep..that means good right? Because I swear they were trying to give me a negative one, but gave me green instead.
How about starting street wars against white cops and calling whites the spawn of Satan?
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How about starting street wars against white cops and calling whites the spawn of Satan?
Imagine if you were in their position. How would you feel after hundreds of years of oppression? Many police are still racist and yes things have improved..but still.

Street wars are just like other crimes people commit, including white people.
I frankly don't think having street wars means that we should immediately think that black pride is evil or detrimental or the same as the oppressive white pride.

By having street wars, it's a way of rebelling against the oppressive atmosphere.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Imagine if you were in their position. How would you feel after hundreds of years of oppression? Many police are still racist and yes things have improved..but still.

Street wars are just like other crimes people commit, including white people.
I frankly don't think having street wars means that we should immediately think that black pride is evil or detrimental or the same as the oppressive white pride.

By having street wars, it's a way of rebelling against the oppressive atmosphere.
So you actually support the murder of white cops and white civilians on the grounds that the criminals responsible for those deaths were oppressed? And you support a movement that supports the death of innocent civilians for that same reason?
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So you actually support the murder of white cops and white civilians on the grounds that the criminals responsible for those deaths were oppressed? And you support a movement that supports the death of innocent civilians for that same reason?

Oh please, most "Black Pride" groups are not violent. Honestly, you get more violence from environmentalist groups. You make this sound like common occurrence.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh please, most "Black Pride" groups are not violent. Honestly, you get more violence from environmentalist groups. You make this sound like common occurrence.
You're right. The Black Panthers sang kumbaya and handed out flowers to people of all colors. The respectable groups who represent black interests have nothing to do with black pride; the only groups that use that slogan are black gangs and their intellectual supporters.
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You're right. The Black Panthers sang kumbaya and handed out flowers to people of all colors.
You mention ONE group.

What about that psychopath racist Manson who basically started a cult resembling a "white pride" thing? He had a bunch of hippies yet they didn't sing kumbaya or hand out daffodils.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You mention ONE group.
Name a black pride group with more members than the black panthers that didn't preach violence.

What about that psychopath racist Manson who basically started a cult resembling a "white pride" thing? He had a bunch of hippies yet they didn't sing kumbaya or hand out daffodils.
Amazing. So because there are white idiots in the world gives blacks the right to support the murder of all whites. :rolleyes:
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Name a black pride group with more members than the black panthers that didn't preach violence.

Amazing. So because there are white idiots in the world gives blacks the right to support the murder of all whites. :rolleyes:

No sweetheart, I am simply using your own justifications to de-justify your justifications, if that made any sense.

Basically you mentioned one group; I mention another group.

Then you perhaps realize how unsubstantiated your argument is.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No sweetheart, I am simply using your own justifications to de-justify your justifications, if that made any sense.

Basically you mentioned one group; I mention another group.

Then you perhaps realize how unsubstantiated your argument is.
If black pride does not represent violence against whites, why can't you name a single large black pride group that doesn't preach violence or hatred of whites?
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If black pride does not represent violence against whites, why can't you name a single large black pride group that doesn't preach violence or hatred of whites?
Um, the NAACP for one. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. I think that's what it means...
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow, Bismark, you're really off the deep end on this. Are you claiming that every modern civil rights group in the US advocates violence? Is this really what you think?
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Um, the NAACP for one. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. I think that's what it means...
The NAACP doesn't represent black pride; in fact, it has always opposed any group that did.

(Original post by Kondar)
Wow, Bismark, you're really off the deep end on this. Are you claiming that every modern civil rights group in the US advocates violence? Is this really what you think?
Civil rights groups representing blacks never invoke black pride. Black pride is a concept created by opponents of the mainstream black civil rights movement.
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The NAACP doesn't represent black pride; in fact, it has always opposed any group that did.

Civil rights groups representing blacks never invoke black pride. Black pride is a concept created by opponents of the mainstream black civil rights movement.
Black Power is a slogan which describes the aspiration of many people of varying degrees of African descent for national self-determination. The term describes a conscious choice for blacks to nurture and promote their own models of value, rather than look for other races to validate them. It calls for Blacks to identify their historical struggle and work to help themselves.

And thus, your connotation of black pride may or may not be supported by the NAACP. But it works for the advancement of colored people and was founded by African Americans and a Jew..and thus..I would say that--according to this definition of black power/pride--the NAACP works for the self-determination of minorities and in a sense supports black pride.
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It depends on your definition of 'pride' then. As a southerner I beleive in southern pride. Does that mean that I advocate violence against blacks? Or is it only blacks that are violent?
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kondar)
It depends on your definition of 'pride' then. As a southerner I beleive in southern pride. Does that mean that I advocate violence against blacks? Or is it only blacks that are violent?
No it doesn't. Black pride aren't merely two words. It's an ideology, an ideology that is vehemently opposed by the maintream black civil rights movement that is led by the NAACP.

And thus, your connotation of black pride may or may not be supported by the NAACP. But it works for the advancement of colored people and was founded by African Americans and a Jew..and thus..I would say that--according to this definition of black power/pride--the NAACP works for the self-determination of minorities and in a sense supports black pride.
Why not ask the NAACP is it supports black pride and see how it responds?
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No it doesn't. Black pride aren't merely two words. It's an ideology, an ideology that is vehemently opposed by the maintream black civil rights movement that is led by the NAACP.
Bismark, my friend, I really think that you're hanging on by a thin thread here. Just because one is 'proud' of being black doesnt mean that they want to pull out a uzi and start mowing down white people.

Im a bit dissppointed that you would even suggest this.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise