Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for about a week, my tounge and throat have been sore. a couple days ago, i felt a little lump on my left side, under my chin. then this morning, i woke up with the left side of my neck swollen, the lump a little bigger, and under my tounge was a little lump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvgpe)
    for about a week, my tounge and throat have been sore. a couple days ago, i felt a little lump on my left side, under my chin. then this morning, i woke up with the left side of my neck swollen, the lump a little bigger, and under my tounge was a little lump.

goitre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvgpe)
    Its probably just a bug or somthing but I would go to the doctors tomororw just to check it out if it gets any worse.

I hope it goes by then anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvgpe)
    hmm, i'd really like to not see a doctor at this time, so i don't think i can get a diagnosis on it. do u think the swolleness would go down in a couple days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvgpe)
    hmm, i'd really like to not see a doctor at this time, so i don't think i can get a diagnosis on it. do u think the swolleness would go down in a couple days?
    It depends what is casuing it.

ReputationRep:
    if it sounds as bad as you have made out, then you will probably need antibiotics to bring down the swelling

go to the docs, just to be on the safe side

x x x

ReputationRep:
    amazing trade, who is ian curtis?

x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    It depends what is casuing it.
    i really can't go through any kind of ultra sounds or tests like that now, waaaay too much money.

ReputationRep:
    you dont have to pay do you?

or are you from america?

x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    you dont have to pay do you?

or are you from america?

x x x
    yea, i'm from america. why wouldn't i have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvgpe)
    i really can't go through any kind of ultra sounds or tests like that now, waaaay too much money.
    Interesting how many people come on here with medical problems.

We're just all so brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, i was just wondering if u were from england you wouldnt have2pay to have any tests done

x x x

ReputationRep:
    so how much would it cost you then?

is it a lot of money?

x x x

ReputationRep:
    amazing trade, who is ian curtis?

x x x
    Joy Division lead singer, he committed suicide by hanging.

gogog and get some Joy Division songs sassy!!

ReputationRep:
    It won't be a goitre, unless the front of your throat has visibly swelled up.

Sounds like your glands are inflamed, as it's often only on one side. Generally I think that indicates a viral (not sure about bacterial) infection of some sort, or can even occur sometimes when you're run down and your immune system is low. You could probably treat it just as a minor illness - ie get some rest, take vitamins. If it doesn't go away, then go see a doctor. I wouldn't take antibiotics unless you're sure that the problem isn't viral.

ReputationRep:
    and he died when he was 14?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvgpe)
    yea, i'm from america. why wouldn't i have to pay?
    Don't you have some kind of medical insurance that would cover it. It does sound like some kind of infection that will require anti-biotics. You shouldn't need any specific tests - your GP should be able to disgnose it fairly quickly with things like ultra sound.

ReputationRep:
    no....

ReputationRep:

He couldn't handle the stress of being in a semi sucesfull band basicaly. Joy Division are that well known but they influenced the likes of U2.

When Curtis died Joy Division became New Order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)

He couldn't handle the stress of being in a semi sucesfull band basicaly. Joy Division are that well known but they influenced the likes of U2.

When Curtis died Joy Division became New Order.
    your just a fountain of knowledge

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.