Aqa Gcse Statistics Watch

This discussion is closed.
Davror
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know if it is possible to retake a stats GCSE? I know major GCSE's in subjects such as Maths can be retaken - can minor subjects?

If so will I be able to retake in November and can my coursework grade be carried over?

Thankyou
IZZY!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dont really know, but i know for sure that I ****ed up stats.
anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think coursework grades can be carried over once within a twelve month period, although it might be wise to make improvements to your coursework if you have time as you can always resubmit a new piece. You will need to have a school (perhaps your own) to mark it for you though.

I'm not sure if it possible to resit the exam in November - I know you can do this for GCSE Maths and perhaps English. You will need to ask your school if they are willing to re-enter you and if they do then you might have to pay an entry fee - I'm not sure how much it is, but I don't think it's very expensive.
If all else fails perhaps you could enrole on a course at your local Adult Education Centre if they offer it - you should be eligable to get it free if you're planning to stay in full time education.

Also, perhaps as a last resort, there are several distance learning courses where you are given a self-contained pack and a ''personal tutor'' to mark assignments. These are usually very expensive though. There are several examples of companies that do this - NEC (National Extension College) is the first example that comes to mind.

In addition, I thought stats is simply seen as an add on to your other GCSEs, so your Maths GCSE should be enough, although it could be worth resitting if you need the grade for a 6th form or for a particular career.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/stat.html
Davror
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yeah thanks for your advise there - much appreciated.

Stats may be an "add on" subject - Its more the fact i spent so long on the coursework and put so much effort in, getting 36/40 as a final mark. I also got an A/A* in the mocks. However, I found this paper really hard and think i was just unlucky... Well i guess i'll see on results day...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?