Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I really want to curl my hair, and wondered whether you girls could recommend any curlers that are pretty cheap but do a cool job.

Any suggestions welcome

ReputationRep:
    *whispers* don't tell anyone but I got my Crown curling tongs from Morrisons for £3.99 :eek: :blushing: (and they're fantastic!)

ReputationRep:
    Really!! wow, just goes to show:O :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I know who would have thought it. I was planning to go shopping for curling tongs the next day but I saw them while doing my food shopping (next to the tampons lol) and thought at that price they are definitely worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! wowingness. It's like GHD, no doubt they're good, but kind of expensive, yet my £24.99 straighteners are brilliant and only 10 degrees off GHD - so what's the point!
    I just feel like changing my style haha...

ReputationRep:
    I got a Marie Claire kit from Argos for about £25 and it included tongs of 3 different sizes and a crimper and a heated brush etc...i use the small barrel tong most but it's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    i curl my hair with ghds. ive got babyliss curlers which were 25 quid but its so much easier using the straightners

ReputationRep:
    I can't do mine with my GHDs...it just either comes out like zig zaggy (cant describe but mean harsh angles not curls) or i cant wrap my hair around it anyway cos i'll get my fingers caught :-s
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can just use rags, which are free if you cut up an old t shirt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.g.x.)
    i curl my hair with ghds. ive got babyliss curlers which were 25 quid but its so much easier using the straightners
    How do you curl your hair with GHD's, it never seems to work when i try :mad: but my mate said she can do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can just use rags, which are free if you cut up an old t shirt!
    how do you curl your hair with rags? :confused: Sounds interesing

ReputationRep:
    with my ghd's i just start at the hair from the root and slowly curl it round til it reaches the bottom. you need to practise a few times coz at first i couldnt do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.g.x.)
    with my ghd's i just start at the hair from the root and slowly curl it round til it reaches the bottom. you need to practise a few times coz at first i couldnt do it.
    ok i shall have another try
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Adarah)
    how do you curl your hair with rags? :confused: Sounds interesing
    You cut up an old t shirt (cotton is best, also your dad's is good too) into rags about 1.5cm wide and 10-15cm long. They don't have to be accurate. Then, wrap sections of your hair around your finger like you would with curling tongs. Tie it with each rag sorta through the hole.

It's best if you have slightly damp hair and do it before you go to bed. You'll probably need someone to help too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You cut up an old t shirt (cotton is best, also your dad's is good too) into rags about 1.5cm wide and 10-15cm long. They don't have to be accurate. Then, wrap sections of your hair around your finger like you would with curling tongs. Tie it with each rag sorta through the hole.

It's best if you have slightly damp hair and do it before you go to bed. You'll probably need someone to help too.
    thanks for the tip Juno! :top:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Adarah)
    thanks for the tip Juno! :top:
    You probably won't get much sleep though, as every way you lie there's a lump there!

It's more for ringletty type things than just a casual wave, but you can brush it out a bit with your fingers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You probably won't get much sleep though, as every way you lie there's a lump there!

It's more for ringletty type things than just a casual wave, but you can brush it out a bit with your fingers.
    Hehehe, yeah, I remember when I had my whole hair in plats the night before my uncle's wedding...

edit: I'll try it out tonight (not my whole head of course! )

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a good idea actually! I remember my cousin doing it once, and it looked really pretty

Curling with straighteners, hmph I can't do that!

ReputationRep:
    Heated rollers are the best but you can get ceramic curlers now if you want to invest in some. Mark Hill had some at £35 reduced from £70 in Boots several weeks back0I've got them and they're great!

ReputationRep:
    I've got the pink angel curls. They are good, but i can't curl hair myself so i always have to get someone else to do it for me!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.