Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the reasons and motivations for the recent bombs in London were?

Is this a religious war islam versus well every other religion or is it an econimic war where no one actually knows which side their on?

Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled)
    What do you think the reasons and motivations for the recent bombs in London were?

Is this a religious war islam versus well every other religion or is it an econimic war where no one actually knows which side their on?

It's a totally political issue where religion is used by both sides to justify their point of view...

ReputationRep:
    perverted form of islam, end of story.

ReputationRep:
    For many of those involved politics and religion are not seperable entities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    For many of those involved politics and religion are not seperable entities.
    True and that's where the problems lies...religion might not start wars but it's an easy tool to use for political ambitions and political justifications by both sides..

ReputationRep:
    Because if they had set off a bomb in Crawley they would have improved it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, didn't intend to make them mutually exclusive, personally i do think its down to a combination of the two. Its so sad that throughout the ages power crazed leaders have used religeon as an excuse to gain more power.

I can't imagine that anyone in the upper echelons of any terrorist organisation would be willing to blow themselves up for their "cause", its a shame that those that are willing are not able to see that they are being used and that paradise does not await them.

What do people think of these ridiculous claims by the italian extraditee that he never meant to harm or kill but was simply trying to scare?
    anyone actually believe that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    What do people think of these ridiculous claims by the italian extraditee that he never meant to harm or kill but was simply trying to scare?
    Nope, more bull**** than if they fed a hundred bulls stewed prunes in a laxative syrup and collected the resulting crap.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else think that london bombings are only warnings. even USA is afraid of some dirty bomb being exploded in USA. DO you think such thing can happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    does anyone else think that london bombings are only warnings. even USA is afraid of some dirty bomb being exploded in USA. DO you think such thing can happen?
    Dirty bombs aren't actually as effective as people make them out to be. I mostly fear chemical attacks in the water system or chemicals transported through air ventilation system in confined spaces...also a mini nuclear bomb wouldnt be that far fetched possibility either..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled)

Blair probably would state it's because they "hate our freedoms and way of life".

Such reasoning doesn't make sense to me. Granted, Islamic fundamentalists have always looked down on the West for being decadent. But such a viewpoint has never truly been substantiated.

Despite what Blair says, I think the Iraq war is a primary catalyst in these attacks. One of Al Qaeda's beefs is Western intrusion into Islamic homelands.

ReputationRep:
    They do it because:
    1. They're evil
    2. They want attention for their cause
    Although...it's a bit difficult to figure out their cause when they die in the attacks. Cowards.

I had a horrible dream last night about more bombs.

ReputationRep:
    They did it to instill and incite religious hatred, and from what I've seen from the media so far, I think they succeeded. (IMHO)

ReputationRep:
    They were crazy, brain washed even. My Uncle's Asian friend said that when they go to Pakistan and meet fellow terrorists, they are given a drink that makes them loose their mind.

I have also read that some innocent young men have meeting with terrorist groups, and are asked to smoke a water pipe, that is laced with drugs. This makes them hallucinate, then they bring scantily clad women into the room, somebody pretends to be Allah/some religious figure and then goes on to tell them that they have to fight this holy war...
    although that might not have happened to them it is possible.

How do you turn an ordinary loving father with a wife that is expecting, into a bomber? simple brainwashing. in my opinion anyway.

The main economic resource of Afghanistan are poppies.. as Americans say...go figure

ReputationRep:
    I was speaking to a Muslim mother yesterday about this and she was very saddened that the few could read between the lines of their religion and twist it for their own means. Religion has always been a war starter, people will argue that in their 'bible' it says this or that and will use things written for their own interpretation. Belief then follows very closely behind and when you have convinced yourself that that must be true then it is so and that is what is happening.

The mother I was speaking too is very afraid for the backlash that it will and has caused for the Muslims who lead a simple and honest life i this country. She moved to Britain from Holland to escape such hatred, to only find that after the London bombings, it is no different.

(Original post by Britzan)
    They were crazy, brain washed even. My Uncle's Asian friend said that when they go to Pakistan and meet fellow terrorists, they are given a drink that makes them loose their mind.

I have also read that some innocent young men have meeting with terrorist groups, and are asked to smoke a water pipe, that is laced with drugs. This makes them hallucinate, then they bring scantily clad women into the room, somebody pretends to be Allah/some religious figure and then goes on to tell them that they have to fight this holy war...
    although that might not have happened to them it is possible.

How do you turn an ordinary loving father with a wife that is expecting, into a bomber? simple brainwashing. in my opinion anyway.

The main economic resource of Afghanistan are poppies.. as Americans say...go figure
    you think suicide bombers do it because they are doped up on smack? lol

ReputationRep:
    I think its to mess up both sides to be honest. They don't like people who don't share their extremist views and don't like the West so they provoke a huge war over religion and cause persecution on both sides which makes each side hate each other and just sit and watch the reaction - nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Well obviously more damage could have been done if they set off the bombs an hour earlier and they could have used chemicals :s: But they still meant to harm and kill.

heck i could simply put some wires, a battery, and some playdo in a palstic container, with a bit of lighter fluid and leave that ona train. that would scarepeople and be incapable of harm.

making a fully functional bomb that fails only due to a technical problem/oversight is not just a -non harm intending stunt

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.