Damien Rice, definatley.
domjohn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Annik)
Which do you prefer? Or any other??
Damien Rice is sooo much better than James Blunt.... but we've already had this discussion!!! :cool:
Annik
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by domjohn)
Damien Rice is sooo much better than James Blunt.... but we've already had this discussion!!! :cool:
i have such a bad image of u doing the "cool" impression, wearing glasses.. i dont know why :confused: I'm weird like that!
Yes, we hav had this discussion.. I love the way u said "sooo"..its like ur using my words :p:
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They're both long haired wussies. Damn that stupid James Blunt video with him taking his clothes off. A friend of mine suggested they ask him to film it again, and the video ends with a surprise of me and all my friends running on set and knocking him to the floor and shaking the wussy out of him. Bravo!
Annik
Rep:
?
(Original post by JonnyB)
They're both long haired wussies. Damn that stupid James Blunt video with him taking his clothes off. A friend of mine suggested they ask him to film it again, and the video ends with a surprise of me and all my friends running on set and knocking him to the floor and shaking the wussy out of him. Bravo!
:rolleyes: ok..............
domjohn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Annik)
i have such a bad image of u doing the "cool" impression, wearing glasses.. i dont know why :confused: I'm weird like that!
Yes, we hav had this discussion.. I love the way u said "sooo"..its like ur using my words :p:
The shame.... I'll be on an American teen comedy next... "I soooo can't believe it!"
PieMaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Out of those 2, James Blunt. However, in the same genre (Folk Pop?) it would have to be Jack Johnsons 'Inbetween Derams' thats such a good album.
Annik
Rep:
?
(Original post by domjohn)
The shame.... I'll be on an American teen comedy next... "I soooo can't believe it!"
tut....
so u are ashamed...
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PieMaster)
Out of those 2, James Blunt. However, in the same genre (Folk Pop?) it would have to be Jack Johnsons 'Inbetween Derams' thats such a good album.
That was an awesome album.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You're Beautiful is a great song but I don't think it's much of a musician's song. It's clearly just an easily formulated pop song that doesn't seem too honest. Damien Rice is ten times the musician James Blunt is.

I think you should be comparing Stephen Fretwell and James Blunt and I think even then, Stephen Fretwell would deserve to win. James Blunt just attempts to reformulate what countless American singers for teenage girls have down before: Duncan Sheikh, Howie Day, John Mayer, Pete Yorn, Tal Bachmann... the pop industry has counted on the fact that the average 15 year old British girl hasn't got a clue who these guys are and won't have a clue how much James Blunt has copied these guys...
Chickadee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonnyB)
And I suppose you are a 'real' man? :rolleyes:

But lets face it - they are more rich and famous than you'll ever be so I guess its them thats got the last laugh :rolleyes:
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Chickadee)
And I suppose you are a 'real' man? :rolleyes:

But lets face it - they are more rich and famous than you'll ever be so I guess its them thats got the last laugh :rolleyes:
I wouldn't say im a real man just yet, but he's certainly a wussy. I won't even give a response to the second statement.
domjohn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Annik)
tut....
so u are ashamed...
Nooo, I'm not ashamed.... but i don't particularly want to talk like I'm in some cheesy American rom-com! :p:
natcho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's hard to call, IMHO. They both seem pretty manic to me. Good music to listen to if you're in that kind of mood. Can't imagine going out to see them live and coming home feeling anything other than depressed.
Tonight Matthew
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Neither. People into either of those two may well enjoy the likes of Nick Drake, Leonard Cohen, etc. however.
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Tonight Matthew)
Neither. People into either of those two may well enjoy the likes of Nick Drake, Leonard Cohen, etc. however.
Good stuff. We've had this discussion already haven't we?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads