alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
LOL that would explain a lot of things

http://www.yourdictionary.com/images/ahd/jpg/A4capo.jpg

That's a capodastre. It raises the tone of all the notes played on the guitar. In a way it "moves" the head of the guitar up. There are very cheap ones which are just a metal piece with a bit of "string" or the more sophisticated ones like on the picture. I actually found one on my way to uni the other day...

About guitar lessons, I play for enjoyment but this one guy just gave me this advice when I started to play: take some lessons to get motivation... I ignored his comment as I'd always been told you could learn guitar on your own. But the thing is, if you're not part of the 10% of the population that is musically gifted, you just end up struggling a bit. Guitar lessons give you that little boost. You could just take 10 lessons and then build on what you learnt... there are tuition methods you can do on your own but they can't replace a proper lesson, unless as I mentioned before, everything is obvious for you. It takes courage to just decide "I really want to improve my guitar playing" and go see a tuitor. Just a little bit of advice... If you feel after a while, you're not playing as well as you were hoping to, give lessons a try.
oh cool, I'l get one At least ive found the answer to my problem, how embarrasing lol Yea I suppose it helps loads if your in the company of guitarists who know their stuff, I'l go for lessons Ive no chance on my own!
Thanks
alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleff)
http://images.misupply.com/products/...al/Shubb/7.jpg

One of them... If you don't have one, that'd be why it sounds odd. Try re-tuning your guitar up two steps (or maybe one step :confused: Meh, two semitones up. So the E string is at F#, A is at B etc.)

EDIT: A good site about them: http://www.cyberfret.com/misc-wisdom/capo/index.php

Ok thanks I might as well wait until I get a capo thing rather than untuning the guitar. At least I know where I was going wrong :rolleyes: How dumb! :embarasse
username21537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
same tabs :confused:
then I hate to say it, but check

A) Its not your technique
B) You arnt misreading tabs
Bowie88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not exactly the best tune to play. I dont mean its too hard, i mean its simple, but its the backstreet boys! No offence, its just i wouldnt want to waste my time learning to play a tune that had no significance..................It s the backstrret boys remember!!!!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (481)
80.03%
Leave (120)
19.97%

Watched Threads