Mile High Club Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vitriol01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
theres a cheeky little trick you can use - put your tickets.etc. in a sealed envelope and make a stamp saying "upgrade where possible" on it, which you put on the sealed envelope - apparently works about once every 5 times you fly, so worth the effort.
That's just an old wives tale. It doesn't work.

You should all be getting down to Tescos to stock up on ClubCard points if you want to fly Club or higher. There is a way to get a British Airways First return to Dallas or Houston for about £510...

My lips are sealed...
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
has worked with me - maybe this is just my charming good looks though.
Tesco airmiles is quite a good system, yes...
Michael Hodder
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I was once a member of the 15mph club
And no I wasn't doing it when it all happened.
I forgot all about that peg.
Honest. TT said they weren't all that good at my training.
Vitriol01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
has worked with me - maybe this is just my charming good looks though.
Tesco airmiles is quite a good system, yes...
When has it worked? Which airline? I'm fortunate enough to travel a bit and have never, ever been upgraded (with the exception of discounted economy to premium economy on VS once). If I want to travel Biz or First, I have to pay for it (using miles of course).

It's pointless using the CC points for Air Miles. Far more useful to use them for BA Miles - 600 per 1 CC voucher. 25,000 = 1 upgrade from WT+ to Club on a round-trip to anywhere in the US.

Air Miles used to be great for premium travel. Now they're worthless since they changed their redemption system. Club to NY used to cost 5800 at certain times of the year; it now costs ~30,000.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dont tend to travel at regular times, e.g. a lot of field work i do has me going to more undersireablde locations at weekends, therefore not influenced by business travel (people dont tend to go on mass to these places for holidays, e.g. kamchatka, siberia, alaska, kyrzykistan.etc.etc.)
Sami C
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got offered to join on an aeroplane once. I didn't know what it was so I declined. Naturally when I found out I was smacking myself on the forehead.
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
People who pay to fly first class have more money than brains..... it's such a rip off! Even Gwyneth Paltrow realises that- I saw her on an economy class seat to New York!
You're joking! What with all the kids, pikies and no-leg-room, I think economy is unbearable for more than a couple of hours.

Business class is a decent environment, First is a bit opulent and over-priced though.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Economy is cattle class, and you should not be treated as cattle
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
Economy is cattle class, and you should not be treated as cattle
One of the last times I went on a plane, the England U-16 Football team were on the same flight, going to the Junior European Championships. They sure behaved like cattle.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
EasyJet?
THE UNDERDOG
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so is anyone an actual member? any regrets?
Vitriol01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kingspharm)
You're joking! What with all the kids, pikies and no-leg-room, I think economy is unbearable for more than a couple of hours.

Business class is a decent environment, First is a bit opulent and over-priced though.
Got to agree here. I've only ever used the miles (I've never really paid the proper price for biz or First - mainly using miles to upgrade from premium economy on BA etc.) for First once and, while it was great, it's not worth it over business on an airline such as BA who have the beds in biz anyway. IMO, the difference between economy and biz is nothing short of incredible. The difference between a great biz product (such as BA, Quantas, Singapore etc.) and a good First product is far less pronounced. This is particularly the case since many airlines have cut back on the real luxuries that they used to have in First such as caviar and Krug (notably BA).

Taking my first long-haul in economy for 5 years next week and am not particularly looking forward to it. But hey, Orlando via New York with Continental is not bad for 100 Euros + tax.

That's full fare economy as well chaps - no penalties for changes, stopovers etc. and fully refundable. Get all the One Pass miles too. :cool:

Total value £1300+. Total cost £118 inc tax. (Continental posted a massive fare error on their booking site which was valid for about 6 hours before someone at the airline found out about it :cool: ).

:cool:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed