Turn on thread page Beta

Hitler...genius or idiot? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just as the title suggests, i want to know whether u guys think that hitler was a genius or idiot. Personally i think he was a master political leader, but as a military strategist...not so much. Whatever decisions he would have taken (whether or not to attack the former USSR, considered to be his biggest military blunder) i think he would have lost anyway, as the allies were developing the atom bomb.

Especially in some ofthe latter years he took too much for granted, and spent his time trying to interfere with military operations to look good in history books once he had suceeded. like demanding great battles where a cunning/careful approach was more called for.

ReputationRep:
    he is a complete stupid freaking idiot. What will purity of the race bring, especially witout brainy Jews?Nothing.As for the war, he was stupid in it as well. You cant just go and attack both huge superpowers USA and USSR.

ReputationRep:
    he should have become the musician or whateva he wanted to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth)
    Just as the title suggests, i want to know whether u guys think that hitler was a genius or idiot. Personally i think he was a master political leader, but as a military strategist...not so much. Whatever decisions he would have taken (whether or not to attack the former USSR, considered to be his biggest military blunder) i think he would have lost anyway, as the allies were developing the atom bomb.
    How was he a master political leader? The only reason he was able to stay in power is because he killed anyone who opposed him and oppressed everyone else. The mark of a great political leader is someone who can make others want what he wants them to want, not someone who uses violence to destroy opposition.

ReputationRep:
    He was a genius, whom thought more than he should have.

All people whom say he was an idiot, have no idea what they are talking about.

^This isn't my way of being funny.

ReputationRep:
    Only a genius could have turned Germany from the second most powerful country in the world into a third-rate power. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    as i believe tom clancy stated:
    "Hitler was an idiot - you dont fight america and russia, you get america and russia to fight each other, and destroy each other"
    I think that speaks volumes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Only a genius could have turned Germany from the second most powerful country in the world into a third-rate power. :rolleyes:
    geniuses have there own ways of working.

ReputationRep:
    any one person who can influence a whole country can not be termed 'an idiot'

That would be ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry - the question asked for peoples opinions on the subject, they did not ask for our opinions given prior approval from someone claiming to be a genius yet supporting hitler.

what goes up must come down.
    same rule applies to america by the way...

ReputationRep:
    that is true...its just the rate and method that define it in this case...
    it'll teach you never to trust vegetarian artists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    what goes up must come down.
    same rule applies to america by the way...
    There is absolutely no reason to think that Germany would be anything but the second most powerful country in the world if it didn't start WWII.

ReputationRep:
    How was he a master political leader? The only reason he was able to stay in power is because he killed anyone who opposed him and oppressed everyone else. The mark of a great political leader is someone who can make others want what he wants them to want, not someone who uses violence to destroy opposition.
    He was a master political leader in the sense that he virtually controlled the masses, converting them from a bitter mob still feeling the humility of WW1 and the economic disaster of the great depresion into a people willing to die for germany for the 'fuhrer' and german empire.
    this in no way minimizes the atrocities he commited in getting to that stage eg. blaming the jews for their economic misery and then killing them (or God knows what)

ReputationRep:
    See how there are no girls arguing about Hitler :p:

Hitler was gay! - Not to be discussed further.

ReputationRep:
    I think in this respect he is often overhyped - he is in my opinion a political puppet, used to stir the contempt of the nation and focusing the collective pain and depression they were feeling towards a specific minority.
    If you read mein kampf, its more a bitter complaintsconcerning his self-centred ranting about how he was overlooked and how it cant have been his fault.
    If he was so smart - why did he end up in prison in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGenius)
    See how there are no girls arguing about Hitler :p:

Hitler was gay! - Not to be discussed further.
    eva braun does have a rather manly appearance...maybe he found her wandering the streets of bangkok...
    I dont think many girls will be supported by your adoration and knowledge of arguably the most sadistic man of the last century.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bismarck]The Nazis only got ~35% of the vote. The people were dying for their fatherland, not for their psychotic leader.[/QUote
    True. However Hitler seized the opportunity and gave the germans the chance to rewrite history, to erase the humility of WW1. And not many Germans saw him as psychotic (you only have to look at the old records with thousands of people cheering him while giving a speech). In offering them a second chance in history they were prepared to follow his orders. Rommel i believe recieved the following telegraph from hitler when things were going quite badly (thankfully) at the battle of Alamein: fight to the last man. Rommel knew that they were going to lose, and it would have been logical to surrender. However he didn;t. Tells u a lot of the mentality that was going on at the time now doesn;t it
    ps. I;m very sketchy with the details of that particular incidence, probably might have gone seriously wrong somewhere. However i do think i;m right. If i;m wrong i;ll humbly apologize.

ReputationRep:
    Idiot- So what if he conned the country into following him into war... look at W.

He was an idiot for destroying Europe, he was an idiot for invading Russia, an idiot for killing so many people, an idiot for losing so many battles that he should of won in the later years.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.