How Similar Is The Mechanics Module Done In Physics To M1 Done In Maths? Watch

This discussion is closed.
TINNEY
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Coz At The Moment, I Am Dping The Mechanics & Kinetic Theory Module In Physics.

Later On, After We Have Done P2, I Am Moving Onto M1 As My 3rd Module For As Maths.

How Similar Are They? Wud This Mean That I Would Already Have Covered Lots Of The M1 Stuff Already In The Physics Module, Thus Making A Lot Of It Seem Like Revision?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know that in OCR B, the mechanics module is covered by M1, total overkill. You only need to know some resolving, etc
TINNEY
(Original post by 2776)
I know that in OCR B, the mechanics module is covered by M1, total overkill. You only need to know some resolving, etc
WOW! KOOL!

yes, i heard similar.

coz u see, i have a choice, to do Stats 1 or Mechanics 1.

but, as i do physics, i woz thinking that by the time i get to start M1, i wud have virtually finsihed the Mechanics & kin.theory mod. in physics.

therefore, my theory was that i wud have covered like 90% of the stuff already, and i wud hardly have to learn much new material.

therefore i woz considering to do M1 as it not only seems more interesting, but it mayb easier as i wud hav already done it in physics.

thanks anyway, i am doing AQA for both Physics and Mathematics anyway.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
"mechanics module"! dont make me laugh!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TINNEY)
WOW! KOOL!

yes, i heard similar.

coz u see, i have a choice, to do Stats 1 or Mechanics 1.

but, as i do physics, i woz thinking that by the time i get to start M1, i wud have virtually finsihed the Mechanics & kin.theory mod. in physics.

therefore, my theory was that i wud have covered like 90% of the stuff already, and i wud hardly have to learn much new material.

therefore i woz considering to do M1 as it not only seems more interesting, but it mayb easier as i wud hav already done it in physics.

thanks anyway, i am doing AQA for both Physics and Mathematics anyway.
hmmm well don't bank on it. Physics mechanics prolly covers 20-40% of M1 depending on borads...
TINNEY
(Original post by 2776)
hmmm well don't bank on it. Physics mechanics prolly covers 20-40% of M1 depending on borads...
its more than that...........i am doing AQA by the way, it is at least 50-60%.........
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
"mechanics module"! dont make me laugh!
How about 2 chapters? Thats what my board covers...
just_some1
Report 14 years ago
well i do the edexcel board
and quite frankly there is much more to learn in M1 than the stuff covered in physics... people say maths helps with physics, not really physics with maths.
TINNEY
(Original post by just_some1)
well i do the edexcel board
and quite frankly there is much more to learn in M1 than the stuff covered in physics... people say maths helps with physics, not really physics with maths.
if applying for Physics at university, presumably they would prefer tmechanics modules to stats modules, correct?
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if applying for Physics at university, presumably they would prefer tmechanics modules to stats modules, correct?
Um, depends...they really arn't bothered. They want you to do pure, thats for sure...
TINNEY
(Original post by 2776)
Um, depends...they really arn't bothered. They want you to do pure, thats for sure...
right.

so wat should i do, mechanics or stats as my 3rd module, coz i havent entered the exams yet, date isnt until 22nd jan that we offcially enter, and i am only on P2 at mo.

what should i do?
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
right.

so wat should i do, mechanics or stats as my 3rd module, coz i havent entered the exams yet, date isnt until 22nd jan that we offcially enter, and i am only on P2 at mo.

what should i do?
Mechanics !.

Then if you do anything else, do S1 etc, M2, S2 etc

Cause they are easier.
TINNEY
(Original post by 2776)
Mechanics !.

Then if you do anything else, do S1 etc, M2, S2 etc

Cause they are easier.
ok.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise