?
Report 13 years ago
German and Chinese!
emily87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want to become fluent in German (just finished A level) and learn Russian (so far, I've got 1/3 of the alphabet! Hopefully this time next year I'll know a lot more...). Later I'd like to learn French or Italian.

Interesting - lots of TSR people posting here are enthusiastic about learning languages, differing from the stereotype of British who rely on speaking English very slowly and loudly when abroad!
SlyPie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They only speak slowly because they have lisps.

But remember TSR people aren't THAT average.
homabahrami
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wanna learn Mandarin cos China is the next big thing in the business world and I would be highly employable if I was bilingual. I also have a secret desire to be a spy so the intelligence services might come and seek me out if they think I'm talented enough! (methinks not now since I've just told the world all about this...)
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shopalotgrrl)
I wanna learn Mandarin cos China is the next big thing in the business world and I would be highly employable if I was bilingual. I also have a secret desire to be a spy so the intelligence services might come and seek me out if they think I'm talented enough! (methinks not now since I've just told the world all about this...)

I am crappily fluent at Spanish--because i'm too lazy to care about learning it. I mean as long as English rules right?

I'm actually completely verbally fluent in Mandarin, but can't read anything at all from it. It's so difficult. It's like "box, bird, stick box" characters.
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm actually completely verbally fluent in Mandarin, but can't read anything at all from it.
Ni hao!
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Northumbrian)
Ni hao!

nee jway jiang tzohn win? haha wuh hai hao.
Craggerz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i would love to be able to speak and write in chinese, its such a cool language
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Craggerz)
i would love to be able to speak and write in chinese, its such a cool language
:rolleyes:

well not really :p:

perhaps i just take it for granted. well...the grass is always greener on the other side!!
Forgotmytea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would love to be fluent in Italian, and one day I will be (hopefully!).

-Saruman
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by eurasianfeline)
What langauages would you most like to learn?

I'll start off -
French (did 2 years but have forgotten everything already!!)
Afrikaans
Japanese
I'll be honest I'd like to learn just any language. I did 5 years of german and 1 of french at school but I cant remember any of it. My language skills are pretty appalling it has to be said! Although learning latin would be pretty cool. :cool: - useless but cool :p:
violetflamingo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would like to learn Italian, Arabic and Japanese but first I want to improve my French and German skills.
I studied French for 3 years and German for 6 years but I'm not good at those languages.
Scubar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
all languages from europe, just so i could travel pretty much anywhere in the world
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
nee jway jiang tzohn win? haha wuh hai hao.
No! That's awful :P How come you're verbally fluent? Are you Chinese? Or half-breed Chink like me? Anyway goes like this:

'Ni hui jiang zhong wen? Haha wo hai hao' - 'tis the way methinks

tut tut tut

(then again to be fair i'm not verbally fluent like you.. I can only speak basics - my English is far better)
Kerry41
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
French (could speak a bit,but cant remember all the verbs)
German
Italian
firefly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
afrikaans...

not much use outside of south africa and namibia but nevermind
as a matter of fact very few people in namibia actually speak afrikaans (and thats way in the south of namibia) they mainly speak german and english

id love to learn ancient greek, latin, egyptian and sign langage :cool:
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Ace is Back)
No! That's awful :P How come you're verbally fluent? Are you Chinese? Or half-breed Chink like me? Anyway goes like this:

'Ni hui jiang zhong wen? Haha wo hai hao' - 'tis the way methinks

tut tut tut

(then again to be fair i'm not verbally fluent like you.. I can only speak basics - my English is far better)
My mom is Chinese; my dad's American.

But hey I don't usually type out Chinese...I can speak it fluently, but I don't diddle daddle about trying to type it out in English characters.
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
french (improve it)
spanish
italian
and there are a lot of languages that i wish that i could learn some basic phrases in. like russia, greek, japanese and chinese.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (863)
80.28%
Leave (212)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise