The Student Room Group

Male Physical Attractiveness - Girls, What Do You Prefer

I find that there is a lot of opposing opinions when discussing with females what physical characteristics they find attractive in a male. Some say they like big muscley meat-head guys. Some like skinny pretty boys, and some just like truly average looking men.
My question is what do you like, and how important are looks in both relationships and one-night stands?
I have attached a photo for each of the the physiques above. I also included a couple of photos of myself so that you can give me your opinion on whether or not I am good-looking. (I am photos 7 & 8)

Thanks!

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would say your better than the "average" guy but he is below average.

You are fine, not ugly and not amazing... like 80% of people.
Reply 2
I prefer them older than all the men you posted :p:

OP you're quite cute. No where near ugly. Don't worry about it.
Reply 3
Shock: different girls like different things :p:

I like pretty bois and average guys more than muscles

your a good looking guy

one night stands is nearly all about looks, relationships much less so
Reply 4
guys look best when they look like men not boys, agree with above about yourself
I'm not really fussed to be honest, I'm not as shallow a I used to be lol. Surely if you are attracted to someone then they aren't average in your eyes in most cases. I don't really express much interest in guys who put too much effort into their appearance ( so the pretty boy and meat head you posted don't really do it for me, I don't really like male models). You're eyes remind me of David Tennants! Thats a good thing by the way :smile:
Reply 6
RachelOranges
I'm not really fussed to be honest, I'm not as shallow a I used to be lol. Surely if you are attracted to someone then they aren't average in your eyes in most cases. I don't really express much interest in guys who put too much effort into their appearance ( so pretty boy and meat head don't really do it for me, I don't really like male models). You're eyes remind me of David Tennants! Thats a good thing by the way :smile:

That's a pretty good perspective RachelOranges. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is interesting to know what the beholder thinks. Thanks!
Reply 7
I usually get attracted to men with sexy eyes and piercing looks...and i go for men larger and taller than me of course..i hate men with long hair and piercings.he should have a nice smile .

you are indeed cute looking by the way ....:smile:
Reply 8
That average guy looks like a douche.

In relationships/crush/fancying, the only thing I care about is personality. If he's good looking as well that's just a bonus.

One night stands, dont really do that anymore, but that's just looks. And if he can shut up.
Hmm...out of ten, I'd give you one.
marko88
I find that there is a lot of opposing opinions when discussing with females what physical characteristics they find attractive in a male. Some say they like big muscley meat-head guys. Some like skinny pretty boys, and some just like truly average looking men.
My question is what do you like, and how important are looks in both relationships and one-night stands?
I have attached a photo for each of the the physiques above. I also included a couple of photos of myself so that you can give me your opinion on whether or not I am good-looking. (I am photos 7 & 8)

Thanks!

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN!!!!!!

I only really like you out of all of the options...

your hot :smile:
not a big of a fan of th muscular dude or the pretty boy either

as long as they're tall and they have a good personlity (and not a freshie) im all good :awesome:
i don't think i consciously have a "type" per say - have dated tall guys, short guys, hench gym guys and lanky guys (maybe cos i'm more interested in their personality when it comes down to it)
..but my friends always point out the fact that the men i'm physically attracted to are the tall, lanky types with masculine faces :wink: i don't really think any of those pics fit my so called "type", the pretty boy is too girly pretty and the muscle man is just - WOAH - looks like he'd crush me in a hug LOL.

OP you're cute though
cuter than your idea of average i'd say :smile:
I would date most men, looks wise, as long as I found them attractive in general. I'm really not that fussed about looks but out of the pictures I'd say good would be a cross between the pretty guy and the OP.
Reply 14
Either your tired in thr 3rd pic or you do drugs:p:
OP, you are cute :cute:. So is the man in the suit, but the others I'm not too bothered about.
Reply 16
Ashy241091
I usually get attracted to men with sexy eyes and piercing looks...and i go for men larger and taller than me of course..i hate men with long hair and piercings.he should have a nice smile .

you are indeed cute looking by the way ....:smile:

What is classed as long hair ?

Maloney
Either your tired in thr 3rd pic or you do drugs:p:

Definately the look of a K hole :biggrin:
Reply 17
You're pretty :love:
marko88
That's a pretty good perspective RachelOranges. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is interesting to know what the beholder thinks. Thanks!

:p: Lol thanks, I love that saying, its so true! You have nothing to worry about, really, just don't become too worried about how you look and focus on your personality. You're more likely to develop a lasting relationship.
I like this part, reminds me of a girl i like that does that :smile:

Latest