The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ilovecjs
I've never tried haggis before. Am I missing out?

no, ive never tried it, but in the shop where i work we sell vegetarian haggis ?????????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Reply 2
Ollie
no, ive never tried it, but in the shop where i work we sell vegetarian haggis ?????????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mebbe it's like Quorn?
Reply 3
ilovecjs
I've never tried haggis before. Am I missing out?

From what my friends tell me, you're not :smile:
Reply 4
theone
From what my friends tell me, you're not :smile:

its the innerds of a sheep. how could you be missing ANYthing? gross.
Reply 5
curryADD
its the innerds of a sheep. how could you be missing ANYthing? gross.

You never know... :tongue:

neway, whats the difference between eating the innards of a sheep and eating the outards (outards?) of say, a chicken? (Apart from it looks grosser.)
Reply 6
ilovecjs
You never know... :tongue:

neway, whats the difference between eating the innards of a sheep and eating the outards (outards?) of say, a chicken? (Apart from it looks grosser.)

erm the bladder and the stomach......*gags*
Reply 7
curryADD

Hmmm, isn't that what sausages and burgers are made of?
Reply 8
curryADD

I'd find them both equally gross.
Reply 9
Haggis is wonderful, you have to eat it with sauerkraut though.

Eat it on Burns Night
Reply 10
JSM
Haggis is wonderful, you have to eat it with sauerkraut though.

Eat it on Burns Night

what does it tastes like? A sausage taste?
Reply 11
what does it tastes like? A sausage taste?

a very bready sausage, sometimes they are a little spicy, but they are very nice, but u gotta eat it with sauerkraut
Reply 12
JSM
a very bready sausage, sometimes they are a little spicy, but they are very nice, but u gotta eat it with sauerkraut

Sauerkraut is like vinegary cabbage ain't it, Mixed with mayo?
Reply 13
JSM
you have to eat it with sauerkraut though.

Sauerkraut? Eurgh! *shudder* That's almost as bad as soup.

Here's a hint:
If you hate soup, don't just sit there with it in your mouth and decide wether you should swallow it or not, and then it goes cold. (I used to do this.) All you have to do is put it in your mouth while it's boiling hot, then you'll HAVE to swallow it!
Good tip, huh?
Reply 14
Hmmm, isn't that what sausages and burgers are made of?

not hamburgers, and sausage is made of pork ribs
is foul, my friend was singing its praises while we were in scotland only for him to have it at lunch on day then be keeled over for three weeks with food poisoning, blame the chef, blame the haggis, you decide... :smile:
ive only had it once on Burn's night, but it was actually quite good.
Reply 17
curryADD
not hamburgers, and sausage is made of pork ribs

no hamburgers are made of 'recovered meat' ie ground up bone and testicles and eyes, mixed with water. A haggis is basically a large sausage. Sausage can be made of anything, pork ribs?
JSM
no hamburgers are made of 'recovered meat' ie ground up bone and testicles and eyes, mixed with water. A haggis is basically a large sausage. Sausage can be made of anything, pork ribs?

who thinks we should ban all US imports of beef? They didn't take anytime to ban all European imports. Anyways, if all US cattle are slaughtered how will anyone survive without their staple food of steak and burgers?
Reply 19
DanMushMan
who thinks we should ban all US imports of beef? They didn't take anytime to ban all European imports. Anyways, if all US cattle are slaughtered how will anyone survive without their staple food of steak and burgers?

Actually its surprising, when I go abroad with other english people, especially on package holidays, they always expect that we are Englsih so we will eat Beef and chips and that is all. Talk of stereotyping. I think we should ban all US beef imports.

Latest

Trending

Trending