what are you packing for uni? Watch

This discussion is closed.
...Sprigged...
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Orginally, I had 16 pieces- I was so smart, they all matched, were right for the climate (mind you I come form a climate where it can get 130 F), etc. And they wouldn't take up much room.

And this summer, I've been buying...and buying....and buying! I just love fashion. It is my studies, after all.

So, I think that 16 is up just a bit I would say in the early 20s now...

(I may or may not of bought 3 pairs of shoes yesterday. But they are pratcical, comfortable, and for uni!!)

No more, no more! At least until I get to London
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I need to buy some more basic clothes, I think. Jeans, nice skirts, basic tops. And shoes that are made of something other than fabric, so I can go out in the rain.

I'm planning on buying some of those cheap pashmina things (2 for a fiver on Oxford St type cheap); one cream, one black and one green, to wear as scarves with my green, black and white tweed coat.

I'm getting one of those small suitcases, so I can use it to take home with me. I'll try and bring only enough clothes to fit in that. That way, any clothes I collect during the year won't mean tat I need two trips home with my stuff.
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by ...Sprigged...)
So, I think that 16 is up just a bit I would say in the early 20s now...
still very good! I'm not sure I can reduce my wardrobe to 20 something essentials... my stuff is not really colour coordinated either...

I need to buy some more basic clothes, I think. Jeans, nice skirts, basic tops. And shoes that are made of something other than fabric, so I can go out in the rain.

I'm planning on buying some of those cheap pashmina things (2 for a fiver on Oxford St type cheap); one cream, one black and one green, to wear as scarves with my green, black and white tweed coat.
yeah, i think I need some more basics too, tops and jumpers, I don't like the ones i have right now , although I have loads...

I'll try to resit buying more clothes for uni, but it's going to be hard.

Good idea with the scarfs though, they are cheap but brighten up everything - I only have one black pashmina :rolleyes:
I think I might need to buy some coloured one too, but I wouldn't know which colours to get
Soapysudds1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
WHAT??? i havent started packing yet!!!!!!!
Adarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Soapysudds1)
WHAT??? i havent started packing yet!!!!!!!
I haven't started either yet, just trying to work out what to pack when the time comes so I don't pack the wrong things
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im just gonna go up with 5 suitcases or so.. Im gonna take my whole bedroom.

all my clothes. plus Im gonna buy loads of new clothes when I get there, like on the weekend before freshers week to make sure I can last the whole term.

btw I havent started either.. dont you think it's like, a month and a half early?
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adarah)
I haven't started either yet, just trying to work out what to pack when the time comes so I don't pack the wrong things
How can you pack the wrong things - just pack the stuff you wear now, it's not any different
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
question... how does one get to manchester with 4 or 5 suitcases?
Im thinking 3 or 4 trips throughout the term...
amie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm just going to take all of the clothes that I wear (or think I might wear). I'm terrrible though, because I work in a clothes shop I see new things I want all the time, and usually end up buying it all. I fear that my wardrobe won't be big enough...my current on is straining under the pressure and its a big, double doored one that goes nearly up to my ceiling!
Adarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fleece)
How can you pack the wrong things - just pack the stuff you wear now, it's not any different
it is, I've got to pack winter things and I don't want to take too much, because of space, but I don't want to pack the wrong items, like too many trousers and not enough jumpers etc... hehehe, anyway, it's a fun thread I though... well, people are replying at least
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wasnt having a go.....just seems a bit odd
Adarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by mik1w)
btw I havent started either.. dont you think it's like, a month and a half early?
I'm going to busy the next 4 weeks and I've got to pack in 4 weeks time for uni, as I'm going to Germany for 3 weeks before uni (with all my stuff for uni).
Adarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fleece)
I wasnt having a go.....just seems a bit odd
hehehe, I guess it is a bit odd to be worrying about it, but I had to rearrange the clothes in my wardrobe the other day because it had become so chaotic in there I couldn't find anything (the thing I was looking for was on a shelf in the other room :rolleyes: )... and while I was doing that I tried to work out what I'd be taking with me and just couldn't decide at all and then I realised that I'd have to cut back and take less...
not1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hehe, jeans and t-shirts are the way to go We're a scruffy bunch, at least at Imperial. Maybe that's because there aren't many girls around to embarass us. :eek: :p:
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Noooo you cant sacrifice any clothes pay extra luggage
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Seriously you won't go that much wrong it's not that cold here in the winter, just a bit colder. And you'll be home in the holidays anyway which is the most wintery time?
Adarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophdoph)
Seriously you won't go that much wrong it's not that cold here in the winter, just a bit colder. And you'll be home in the holidays anyway which is the most wintery time?
no, I won't be going home over the winter holidays... I'm not sure where I'll be exactly, but somewhere in the UK . But it wouldn't make any difference where I was going to uni, I'd still be unsure what to pack
Adarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by edders)
Hehe, jeans and t-shirts are the way to go We're a scruffy bunch, at least at Imperial. Maybe that's because there aren't many girls around to embarass us. :eek: :p:
Hehehe, but what if I end up in your hall? Do you want me to see you looking scruffy? :p:

not1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adarah)
Hehehe, but what if I end up in your hall? Do you want me to see you looking scruffy? :p:

If I see you on the list of new freshers (we have a photo board for our hall), I will put a shirt on for you Emma.
Adarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by edders)
If I see you on the list of new freshers (we have a photo board for our hall), I will put a shirt on for you Emma.
Hehehe! I'm not even at Imperial and already the men are following my command! :rofl: Although I never actually told you to wear a shirt :p: - I do think shirts are nicer than t-shirts though... you can't really go wrong with a shirt
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise