Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    doesnt work for me
    The link or the actual trick? If it's the trick you obviously weren't doing it right.

ReputationRep:
    Simply choose more than one number for each screen, and you will see that for each time you do it they all end up with the same symbol. So whichever number you chose (provided it is 2 digits) you end up with the same image, which magically is the same one which appears!

I agree whoever thought it up was clever, or had too much time on their hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    If you thought that was good, here's one that i personally think is quite clever.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/mind.php
    This one?

It's not that clever.

When you follow the instructions, there are only a few different numbers you can get to at the end. If you do it a few times, you notice that every time those few numbers will have exactly the same symbol, which actually changes each time, but all it does at the end is display that symbol. So whatever you choose, once you've followed the instructions you end up with one of the numbers with that symbol on.

ReputationRep:
    Mathematically, say the first number n is written in the form n = 10a + b.

when subtracting your digits a+b from n your left with 9a. If you look, the symbols for all multiples of 9, although changing each attempt, are the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    This one?

It's not that clever.

When you follow the instructions, there are only a few different numbers you can get to at the end. If you do it a few times, you notice that every time those few numbers will have exactly the same symbol, which actually changes each time, but all it does at the end is display that symbol. So whatever you choose, once you've followed the instructions you end up with one of the numbers with that symbol on.
    I know how it's done. But it is very clever. It's a lot more sophisticated than the card trick.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh Tealer said how it works too.

I've had enough of these puzzle things.

I want a program that will outright read my mind there and then. None of this fancy ****.

Any suggestions?

It'd be great if there was one that could figure out your life story by looking at your answers to some unrelated questions (like "think of a number and type it in here"). Might be possible, too.

Maybe I should do a survey on how random numbers that people choose relates to their life.

ReputationRep:
    I want a program that will outright read my mind there and then. None of this fancy ****.
    I agree that would be cool, but that just isn't possible at the present time. Nothing can read your mind.

Not even any of the people you see on TV, they do not read your mind, they merely interpret your actions and reactions to draw their conclusions. I kind of like the way that things in my mind are private.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I know why this one works without doing it
    same - not very clever at all really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    doesnt work for me
    Nor me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Nor me.
    You must be doing it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    You must be doing it wrong.
    Yeah it has to work as ALL the cards are different, so matter what card you choose, you will not see it!

ReputationRep:
    This is quite interesting - believe it or not, both squares A and B are the same shade of grey. Copy and paste into Paint, separate A and B from the picture and put them side by side and you'll see that it's true.

http://www-bcs.mit.edu/people/adelso..._illusion.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    This is quite interesting - believe it or not, both squares A and B are the same shade of grey. Copy and paste into Paint, separate A and B from the picture and put them side by side and you'll see that it's true.

the link doesnt work...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - try again.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - try again.
    wow, thats pretty amazing...

ReputationRep:
    Try this.

http://www.grand-illusions.com/face.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    wow, thats pretty amazing...
    Yes, I've seen that before. It's fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Try this.

Jesus, I didnt see anything for a sec, then looked at the comp screen and now still I can see like JESUS in it!

ReputationRep:

http://www-bcs.mit.edu/people/adelso..._illusion.html
    really good- didnt think it would work but i was amazed when i put them together!

ReputationRep:
    Try this.

Woah...is that Jesus? lol.

I can still see it on the screen!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.