The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Helenia
I think you need to get over yourself. Just because you perceive yourself as "above" these people doesn't give you a right to judge whether or not they are allowed to be attracted to you.

they can be attracted to whoever they want, it's not a problem to me what goes on in their heads. doesn't mean they need to do anything about it.

and i've never once said i'm above them. ever. saying someone isn't good looking isn't saying they're not a worthwhile human being. if you automatically equate ugliness with being a less valuable human being then maybe it's you who's being judgemental. i only say they're ugly, not bad people. sheesh.
Reply 21
Just what i was thinking Nas!

I'd much rather go out with someone "ugly" than someone who has a massive ego.
Reply 22
grace
they can be attracted to whoever they want, it's not a problem to me what goes on in their heads. doesn't mean they need to do anything about it.
and i've never once said i'm above them. ever. saying someone isn't good looking isn't saying they're not a worthwhile human being. if you automatically equate ugliness with being a less valuable human being then maybe it's you who's being judgemental. i only say they're ugly, not bad people. sheesh.

You're assuming two things..

That 1) these people go around knowing they fit into your category of "ugly"
and 2) that they think "oh damn, i'm ugly, i'm not allowed to do anything about my feelings/ask someone out."

dont be ridiculous
Reply 23
Fleece
Just what i was thinking Nas!

I'd much rather go out with someone "ugly" than someone who has a massive ego.

i wouldn't. someone could have a massive ego and still be a nice, kind, smart, funny etc person.

and i know plenty of ugly people with massive egoes. people should stop stereotyping. all ugly people aren't nice and all good looking people aren't bitches.
Reply 24
well just like the outer packaging of a person isnt appealing to you, neither is a massive ego. that would turn me off straight away and i wouldnt find them attractive.
Reply 25
Fleece
well just like the outer packaging of a person isnt appealing to you, neither is a massive ego. that would turn me off straight away and i wouldnt find them attractive.

but we weren't talking about egoes, the topic was ugly people asking you out. i'm sure it's a little bit easier to look past an ego (which may just be a front anyway) then physical repulsion.
Reply 26
Well would you rather date a person whos ugly & modest or good-looking with a massive ego, or join the convent?
Reply 27
SlyPie
Well would you rather date a person whos ugly & modest or good-looking with a massive ego, or join the convent?

good looking with a massive ego, because as i've already mentioned, having an ego can be just a front and does not automatically stop a person from having other desirable qualities.

Whereas modesty is all well and good but not always particularly neccessary, especially if it's all they have going for them
Reply 28
grace
but we weren't talking about egoes, the topic was ugly people asking you out. i'm sure it's a little bit easier to look past an ego (which may just be a front anyway) then physical repulsion.

Yeah no sorry, just yours totally took over this thread so i couldnt really ignore the topic.
Reply 29
grace
good looking with a massive ego, because as i've already mentioned, having an ego can be just a front and does not automatically stop a person from having other desirable qualities.

Whereas modesty is all well and good but not always particularly neccessary, especially if it's all they have going for them

im gettin the feelin that you just may be the hardest girl to please that i have ever known.
Reply 30
grace

But there wasn't clarity so fleece is right in saying that as ugly could mean physical appearence or an ugly personality.

If one is ugly i don't see why you get pissed, maybe the ugly peep thinks you and him are in the same league, is this why you are getting pissed off? If you are as "fit" as you think you are, then why are you getting annoyed? Maybe you are insecure...

I don't give a **** if an ugly girl chats me up, i just say i'm not interested in the same way as a good looking girl doing the same but with some attitude problem.
Reply 31
hmm ok I agree with you. I mean imagine making out with something disgusting..I think I'd vomit, whereas the ego might just be hiding some sweet succulent shrimp. (Me hungey)

Actually what's odd is my first kiss was with a decent looking guy and I still felt like I wanted to vomit..haha
Reply 32
grace

So basically you're saying you don't care about manners then. :rolleyes:
Reply 33
grace

Why shouldn't they though?

You didn't say you were above them, but you pretty damn well implied it by saying you were insulted by them approaching you. I didn't in any way equate ugliness with being a bad person, just that it seemed you looked at it that "people are allowed to be ugly as long as they don't think they have a chance with me"
Reply 34
SlyPie
hmm ok I agree with you. I mean imagine making out with something disgusting..I think I'd vomit, whereas the ego might just be hiding some sweet succulent shrimp. (Me hungey)

Actually what's odd is my first kiss was with a decent looking guy and I still felt like I wanted to vomit..haha

maybe you're gay.
Reply 35
no, i think i'm bisexual actually (which i don't want to be either..but what choice do i have?)

but my boyfriend who i had for 2 years..we were in love..that never made me sick..even when he smelled like sh*t i could kiss him.
Reply 36
nas7232
But there wasn't clarity so fleece is right in saying that as ugly could mean physical appearence or an ugly personality.

If one is ugly i don't see why you get pissed, maybe the ugly peep thinks you and him are in the same league, is this why you are getting pissed off? If you are as "fit" as you think you are, then why are you getting annoyed? Maybe you are insecure...

I don't give a **** if an ugly girl chats me up, i just say i'm not interested in the same way as a good looking girl doing the same but with some attitude problem.

mhmm, and either way i wouldn't want an ugly person chatting me up..ugly physically or ugly personality.

as i've said i do take it as an insult if an ugly person were to chat me up because it would mean he thinks he has a chance..therefore you're just repeating and clarifying what i've said!

i don't think i've claimed to be fit, but as i actually know what i look like and you don't im not sure you're in a position to comment on how i look.

and i said, i'd still reject them in the exact same way i'd reject a good looking person i wasn't interested in, i would just find it slightly insulting that they think they're in the same league. so yes, thank you for clarifying my point.
Reply 37
Fleece
maybe you're gay.

lol
Reply 38
i hate the feeling when you turn someone down that u hav made them feel bad and really small (esp wen they are wot i wud call unattractive, as i think this sort of stuff must happen all the time to them). but at the end of the day i could never be wit sum1 i didnt find visibly attractive.
Reply 39
nas7232
lol

I already said I'm bisexual..how's that even funny? Damn, people who are bi or gay really can't choose for themselves. I don't think most gay or bi people want to be nor desire to be.

And I already pointed out love makes a difference in kissing or anything.

Latest

Trending

Trending