Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would it be possible for someone to explain, or direct me to literature explaining the reputation system. Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tealer)
    Would it be possible for someone to explain, or direct me to literature explaining the reputation system. Many thanks.
    You can give positive or negative rep every 24 hours.

Rep given = + or - (depending on positive or negative rep) your post count /100

each 100 rep gives you a gem under your name

This is best on the About UKL forum.

ReputationRep:
    How do you give rep.

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of explanations, allow me to sound incredibly dense...

How does one subscribe to a thread?

ReputationRep:
    How do you give rep.
    There's a little yellow icon other people's posts next to "edit" and "reply".

ReputationRep:
    How do you give rep.
    At the bottom of the post there is a small yellow icon on the right next to the 'edit' button. Click on it, and it's fairly straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    ok basiclly, as a newbie, you can only give out 2 points negitive or postive rep. and you can only give out rep unless you have higher than 100 posts. the rep button is right next to the reply button, its a shout button. erm, as an overlord i can give out 20 points. to get to your next gem you MUST have 100 points...

cheers*curry

ReputationRep:
    Genious, and how would can you check on your own rep? Or is it only displayed every time you reach the next 100 milestone?

ReputationRep:
    This should tell you everything that you need to know:

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=18950

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou everyone, I wonder if the kindness and swiftness of replies is because you wish to be given some rep yourself. I don't have time to give you all rep, but I shall to the people with low scores, alec for example, and also your previous post on the conspiracy theories that beagle2 was taken down by martians was ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    This should tell you everything that you need to know:

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=18950
    thank you mr white....i never did figure out how to post links....it alludes me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    thank you mr white....i never did figure out how to post links....it alludes me!
    Meh, I just use copy & paste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Meh, I just use copy & paste.
    same ere

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2003
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.