Shopping At Discount Prices Watch

This discussion is closed.
pink_natsy_2005
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hey. i need to get some new affordable clothes for my holiday but also for going back to 6th form in september. can you recommend any good cheap student shops (incl. online shops). i can usally find some nice stuff in ASDA and TK Maxx but I haven't really found anywhere else for good value. thankyou
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Primark!
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pink_natsy_2005)
hey. i need to get some new affordable clothes for my holiday but also for going back to 6th form in september. can you recommend any good cheap student shops (incl. online shops). i can usally find some nice stuff in ASDA and TK Maxx but I haven't really found anywhere else for good value. thankyou
Primark.
H&M.
The other high street usuals like New Look. Great for smart trousers.
Hunt through the sales.
Try to get some student discount.
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have to echo Primark, also H+M and Asda (big stores) are really good.

Have a look on www.asos.com, the sale section especially. They do nice summery tops which are like £8...e.g http://www.asos.com/product.asp?sku=CFCTS1043 You do have to hunt out the bargains though from the very expensive stuff! The sale is good too...http://www.asos.com/cat.asp?SF=1390
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
Asda is great. In Liverpool we now also have a George (as in the ASDA clothes) shop but I don't think it is as good Rather disappointing
glitterxsparkle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sparklyteacosie)
Asda is great. In Liverpool we now also have a George (as in the ASDA clothes) shop but I don't think it is as good Rather disappointing
I agree! I went in yesterday and there was nothing in there that caught my eye
H&M is brilliant fashionable clothes at affordable prices! Not to forget my own shop Primark. We have had some really good things in are shop the past few weeks. Gold and silver bags £5 same as Topshop only theirs are more expensive. New Look has loads of swimwear on sale at the moment so thats pretty cool. You should also check out the sales and see if you can get any decent bargains.
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh the George outlets seem much worse than the George bits within Asda. Bizarre!
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by carla18)
I agree! I went in yesterday and there was nothing in there that caught my eye
H&M is brilliant fashionable clothes at affordable prices! Not to forget my own shop Primark. We have had some really good things in are shop the past few weeks. Gold and silver bags £5 same as Topshop only theirs are more expensive. New Look has loads of swimwear on sale at the moment so thats pretty cool. You should also check out the sales and see if you can get any decent bargains.
I have never been able to find anything decent in Primark. It doesn't help that my nearest store is a dump-my opinion of primark is that it is like a badly run charity shop. Friends claim to buy things there so it must just be me not being able to find things.
glitterxsparkle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have never been able to find anything decent in Primark. It doesn't help that my nearest store is a dump-my opinion of primark is that it is like a badly run charity shop. Friends claim to buy things there so it must just be me not being able to find things.
Is your local store the Birkenhead one by any chance? believe it or not its actually really tidy first thing in the morning but unfortunately it doesnt stay that way! Before i worked there i thought it was rubbish but because i get to see things before they are out and i put the new stock out i love it. I love it even more so because i work on the accessories and bags department hehe
pink_natsy_2005
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
thanks thats all good. the only annoying thing is that in my area we seem to have loads of expensive shops and about 2 decent affordable shops. primark is a long bus ride away from me (but its seems worth it) and there is not a h&m anywhere nearby. but we do have a good asda outlet. thankyou. btw anyone know of good online shops or does the postage and packaging bring the price up too much. thanku
glitterxsparkle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pink_natsy_2005)
thanks thats all good. the only annoying thing is that in my area we seem to have loads of expensive shops and about 2 decent affordable shops. primark is a long bus ride away from me (but its seems worth it) and there is not a h&m anywhere nearby. but we do have a good asda outlet. thankyou. btw anyone know of good online shops or does the postage and packaging bring the price up too much. thanku
You could try lx direct (littlewoods). I'll just list the shops i look at:
River Island
Dorothy Perkins - this one has a sale on the site and i think students get a discount.
Warehouse - has a sale too
Topshop
Miss Selfridge
You could also try catalogues online: Great Universal, grattan, choice etc
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
Is your local store the Birkenhead one by any chance? believe it or not its actually really tidy first thing in the morning but unfortunately it doesnt stay that way! Before i worked there i thought it was rubbish but because i get to see things before they are out and i put the new stock out i love it. I love it even more so because i work on the accessories and bags department hehe

Yep and I know-a friend worked there for years. She hated it when we moan about the state of the shop...It must be something about Birkenhead because whenever I go to Primark anywhere else it is great! Great stock, nice and tidy not like a jumble sale.

I was told by one staff member that they didn't have an accessories department when I went once and asked where it was!! :eek: shocking really because I knew there was because a friend had told me about thier bags. Bags etc are the only nice stuff there really..well when I look.
glitterxsparkle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yep and I know-a friend worked there for years. She hated it when we moan about the state of the shop...It must be something about Birkenhead because whenever I go to Primark anywhere else it is great! Great stock, nice and tidy not like a jumble sale.

I was told by one staff member that they didn't have an accessories department when I went once and asked where it was!! :eek: shocking really because I knew there was because a friend had told me about thier bags. Bags etc are the only nice stuff there really..well when I look.
Haha when people moan to us about the shop we get really annoyed lol The customers are like vultures, they empty the rails before you have even had time to put the stock out hehe
Hmm maybe you spoke to a new person we tend to have alot these days...not many people like working there for some reason can't understand why :rolleyes: My department is definitely the best imo wooo bags and accessories how cool lol
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
Haha when people moan to us about the shop we get really annoyed lol The customers are like vultures, they empty the rails before you have even had time to put the stock out hehe
Hmm maybe you spoke to a new person we tend to have alot these days...not many people like working there for some reason can't understand why :rolleyes: My department is definitely the best imo wooo bags and accessories how cool lol
I know my friend hated it. But she did work there for years and often encountered rude and abusive customers etc. Probably was someone new-it was around the time when lots of new people seemed to be working there. I might give Birkenhead another try some time...if only for the lovely bags and accessories.
glitterxsparkle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know my friend hated it. But she did work there for years and often encountered rude and abusive customers etc. Probably was someone new-it was around the time when lots of new people seemed to be working there. I might give Birkenhead another try some time...if only for the lovely bags and accessories.
I have been there 13 months now i'm so proud lol nobody stays around long these days Yeah come see my beautiful bags and jewellery knowing your luck we probs will have sold out!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1272)
79.65%
Leave (325)
20.35%

Watched Threads