Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my mock coming up very soon! But my school is really crap and I don't think there're many IB textbooks out there...

I have some notes that I can share if anyone is interested and I'll appreciate it if I can get help from some other IB students as well!

btw I am doing English A1 SL Econ, physics, chem and Math HL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    I have my mock coming up very soon! But my school is really crap and I don't think there're many IB textbooks out there...

I have some notes that I can share if anyone is interested and I'll appreciate it if I can get help from some other IB students as well!

I'll be happy to help anyone as well! I take Higher English A1, Math Methods, Geography, History, Biology, and Japanese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    I'll be happy to help anyone as well! I take Higher English A1, Math Methods, Geography, History, Biology, and Japanese
    Great!! Unfortunately I don't do any of your subjects apart from english A1 but my friends do have some Math Methods past papers! Do you have any notes for english A1, my teacher sucks I'm desperate to know how to write a good commentary!

ReputationRep:
    Great!! Unfortunately I don't do any of your subjects apart from english A1 but my friends do have some Math Methods past papers! Do you have any notes for english A1, my teacher sucks I'm desperate to know how to write a good commentary!
    Sure sure! What books have u studied? I have an excellent English teacher, my English improved so much thanks to her.

ReputationRep:
    vavavoom - do you have any math methods internal assessments? (just the questions).

ReputationRep:
    my mocks were last term right in the middle of oxbridge interviews it was hell
    I'm taking higher math, bio, chem and standard english, ab initio spanish and economics. i've got decent notes for bio and chem but i need help with economics! my teacher has no clue what he's doing and we're hopelessly slow we haven't even started our coursework!
    Has anyone started their TOK essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offlimits)
    my mocks were last term right in the middle of oxbridge interviews it was hell
    I'm taking higher math, bio, chem and standard english, ab initio spanish and economics. i've got decent notes for bio and chem but i need help with economics! my teacher has no clue what he's doing and we're hopelessly slow we haven't even started our coursework!
    Has anyone started their TOK essay?
    For economics I am told that evaluation is very important~ I've got some notes on international issues/development, PM me!!

do you have higher math stuff?

ReputationRep:

Math HL ey? God, I have it too. Last mock exam I got a 3 and I need a 6. Guess if Im worried. Luckily we have almost half a year of revision left as we are almost through with the syllabus (we have an optional topic left).

Im also doing Phys Chem and Math at HL, and personally I find the Maths to be the troublesome part. Let me know if you need some help in Physics, thats my favourite subject. Best way to practice for Physics is probabbly to do a lot of silly calculations (Like what amount of sugar do you need to burn if you are to accelerate yourself to 95% the speed of light, or what wavelength would a laser have to be in order to completely vapourise a human being with a single photon).

ReputationRep:
    my teacher has no clue what he's doing and we're hopelessly slow we haven't even started our coursework!
    Your economics teatcher cant possible be worse than ours. Sometimes I CAN MANAGE TO CORRECT HIM, and that is bad considdering Im not really that great in economics. I mean, ok, I can understand that the girls who are complete experts on the syllabus manage to correct him all the time, but if I can do it, then somethings wrong (Note that Im talking about economics here , and not physics )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Math HL ey? God, I have it too. Last mock exam I got a 3 and I need a 6. Guess if Im worried. Luckily we have almost half a year of revision left as we are almost through with the syllabus (we have an optional topic left).

Im also doing Phys Chem and Math at HL, and personally I find the Maths to be the troublesome part. Let me know if you need some help in Physics, thats my favourite subject. Best way to practice for Physics is probabbly to do a lot of silly calculations (Like what amount of sugar do you need to burn if you are to accelerate yourself to 95% the speed of light, or what wavelength would a laser have to be in order to completely vapourise a human being with a single photon).
    Math HL is the hardest subject I reckon, I managed to get a 6 in the last mock and I got the highest score surprisingly and there was one other 6, two 5 and the rest were 2,3, or 4, pathetic!! Which option are you doing? I am doing statistics which I HATE

Unfortunately I don't have any notes on Math HL or do you? I have some exam papers though...

Physics is my favourite as well!! It's just easy, and I find chem HL part quite difficult

ReputationRep:

Hahahaha great idea!!! That is so funny Smart idea too! (I don't take physics but...)

ReputationRep:
    Your economics teatcher cant possible be worse than ours. Sometimes I CAN MANAGE TO CORRECT HIM, and that is bad considdering Im not really that great in economics. I mean, ok, I can understand that the girls who are complete experts on the syllabus manage to correct him all the time, but if I can do it, then somethings wrong (Note that Im talking about economics here , and not physics )
    haha i'm glad i'm not the only one who has it bad. the worst thing about my class is loads of people have done it for GCSE so whenever my teacher asks if we understand they immediatly nod leaving people like me (who ended up doing economics because of timetabling difficulties) completely clueless and scratching our heads.

but math higher is a nightmare isn't it? Definitely the hardest HL subject hands down! And there are people in my school who do further math for fun :confused: go figure???

ReputationRep:
    haha i'm glad i'm not the only one who has it bad. the worst thing about my class is loads of people have done it for GCSE so whenever my teacher asks if we understand they immediatly nod leaving people like me (who ended up doing economics because of timetabling difficulties) completely clueless and scratching our heads.

but math higher is a nightmare isn't it? Definitely the hardest HL subject hands down! And there are people in my school who do further math for fun :confused: go figure???
    I kinda think IB further math is pointless... do the further math ppl take HL math as well? I heard the further math syllabus, they don't expect you to know the CORE HL syllabus but all the options units. Anyway Math HL is dead hard... dead dead dead dead hard

ReputationRep:
    I kinda think IB further math is pointless... do the further math ppl take HL math as well? I heard the further math syllabus, they don't expect you to know the CORE HL syllabus but all the options units. Anyway Math HL is dead hard... dead dead dead dead hard
    The main problem with Math HL is not to understand the stuff, that is easy enough. The problem is you have so damn little time on the exam, and they give you questions which require like a month of trial and error and expect you to do it in 2 minutes. THAT is hell...

ReputationRep:
    The main problem with Math HL is not to understand the stuff, that is easy enough. The problem is you have so damn little time on the exam, and they give you questions which require like a month of trial and error and expect you to do it in 2 minutes. THAT is hell...
    and that's tons of stuff you need to study... I'm not sure if its my teacher's problem or not but we just can't miss one single lesson

ReputationRep:
    and that's tons of stuff you need to study... I'm not sure if its my teacher's problem or not but we just can't miss one single lesson
    Yea, and then the damn math book is so retarted that you can't catch up what youve missed on yoru own. I had a damn hard time learning long division of polynomials (which I had missed) cus all our math book said about it was:

Long division of polynomials is doen the same way as long division of integers!

Guees! Great, now I know just what to do! The only positive thing I see about it is that when youve been through this, you will not be shocked when you get the same **** at university...

ReputationRep:
    Yea, and then the damn math book is so retarted that you can't catch up what youve missed on yoru own. I had a damn hard time learning long division of polynomials (which I had missed) cus all our math book said about it was:

Long division of polynomials is doen the same way as long division of integers!

Guees! Great, now I know just what to do! The only positive thing I see about it is that when youve been through this, you will not be shocked when you get the same **** at university...
    Just for curiosity what study methods do you use to revise for your math exam?

A lot of people in my class have already given up!!

ReputationRep:
    Yea, and then the damn math book is so retarted
    what math book do you use? ours is full of unrelated stuff that isn't on our syllabus so i find it so hard to revise from!

The further math people in my school do HL as well they just have extra lessons or something. I have no idea why anyone would want to do further math, they get mountains of work and nothing to show for it.

The worst thing about HL math is that there is just so much in the syllabus that when it comes to exam time i've just forgotten it all. The only way i can revise is by cramming and doing load and loads of questions the day before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    MAths huh?..aha...pure hell!

ReputationRep:
    Just for curiosity what study methods do you use to revise for your math exam?

A lot of people in my class have already given up!!
    Well, so far I havnt revised for my mock exams ( giving the corresponding results). If you are like me (understand the stuff, just don't remember it / manage to do it on time ) then just go do lots and lots of practice tasks (boring as hell, but undoubtly the best practice )

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.