Turn on thread page Beta

Mother I blew up the cooker watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last night when drunk me and my mate decided to cook some pizzas the only probem is the cooker is old and has no gasket mark readings. So we guessed and went into the lounge while our pizzas were cooking.

Five minutes later I could smell this horrible smell I went into the kicthen and it was thick with smoke.

We blew up the pizzas. 20 hours later the house still stinks and the oven is virtualy unusable as soon as you open the door the smell nearly chokes you.

That cooker has worked fine for 25 years I come along and destroy in a Frank Spencer fashion.

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    Aww you could've filmed it

ReputationRep:
    25 years. good innings! about time for a new one anyway eh?

ReputationRep:
    ...yeah you neglected to mention you were so drunk you didn't take the packaging off the pizzas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    ...yeah you neglected to mention you were so drunk you didn't take the packaging off the pizzas!
    One of them, but that was on the upper tray, amazingly it hadn't melted. That cooker is just damn hard to use, the reason it burn't was we must had it on gas mark 9 or somthing. Its just a good job the Pizza's didn't set fire, thinking about it though there could be some plastic there, it smells a bit like when you blow up an integreted circuit chip it produces a horrible toxic smell as the plastic melts, this smell is like that.

The joke of it is that my mate eat the remains of the burn't pizza as the other half had cooked perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you still probably cooked better than my mum :flute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    haha harsh. My mum has wanted to replace the cooker for a while but we have no money. Any spare money do have goes on the car or the building work or somthing.

Plus although its old fashioned and the electronic ingition no longer works on it the cooker worked fine (my parents could use it anyway).

Now when we have turkey for christmas dinner it will be unique PVC flavour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    which mum?

your sig's gone wrong :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Last night when drunk me and my mate decided to cook some pizzas the only probem is the cooker is old and has no gasket mark readings. So we guessed and went into the lounge while our pizzas were cooking.

Five minutes later I could smell this horrible smell I went into the kicthen and it was thick with smoke.

We blew up the pizzas. 20 hours later the house still stinks and the oven is virtualy unusable as soon as you open the door the smell nearly chokes you.

That cooker has worked fine for 25 years I come along and destroy in a Frank Spencer fashion.
    haha...
    was there pizza mash all over the kitchen?
    if there was, good thing you weren't there when it happened...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    haha...
    was there pizza mash all over the kitchen?
    if there was, good thing you weren't there when it happened...
    Luckily the pizzas were on place, its just one half of one was pure black.

Gas and drunken clowns just don't mix.

ReputationRep:
    use an oven proof dish fill it with water and lemon juice. Put in oven heat up oven on low. Smell will go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    use an oven proof dish fill it with water and lemon juice. Put in oven heat up oven on low. Smell will go
    Thanks I will suggest that, at least my parents haven't been too mad about it they kind of see the funny side. If I had set fire the kitchen though it would have been a different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    haha harsh.

which mum?

your sig's gone wrong :aetsch:
    Both

My sig is fine now

ReputationRep:
    i haven't had pizza in ages...

my sis once put a pizza in and after 10 mins asked me to check. i open the door at about the same time as the plastic tray was at melting point and started to droop down all over the oven.. she insisted the tray she put in was metal...

ReputationRep:
    I am going to have a good look at the oven tomorrow, it could be that some plastic has melted.

However knowing the standard of processed food these days the pizzas were probably made of plastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    done this before? :p:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Both

My sig is fine now
    haha, where are our parents anyway? :confused:

haha, where are our parents anyway? :confused:
    they left you alone?
    *calls child protection agency*

ReputationRep:
    Also if you had any spillage wipe the inside of the oven with white vinegar to wipe it off then rinse it with water. Its neutralises the smell.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.